Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

homeschool or public ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Which one do you do or want to do ? I'm part of a mom group and alot of  the mothers said homeschool, Me personally my children will be going to public I would love to send them to private school but we just dont have the money for that but sending them to public gets them out of the house, be around children and learn in a different enviroment etc:) what do you ladies do ?

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Replies (61-70):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:34 PM

There are some really good charters and some really BAD ones lol.  Kind of like any and all schools.  She is also going to a Charter Highschool next year. :)  She's in a wonderful public right now. 

Quoting want10more:

yes they must be, as you are happy w/ them. the one they went to? oh ugh. my 14 yr old daughter can't read a clock! but as you said, they MUST be all diff!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Like everything, it depends on the school.  My daughter went to charter from 3rd-6th grade, she thrived!  She was brought up to grade level for reading.  Charters are all different I think

Quoting want10more:

i am not a fan of charter schools. so far my step kid is being taught chinese, but not multiplication tables. his sis, who we now have custody of, is flunking math, and can't read a clock.

lwalker270
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM

My children are in public school.

want10more
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:00 AM

well, as i said, AND SO DID YOU.... it depends on the school. sure glad you had a better experience than we did! glad to hear ur kid's happy there!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

There are some really good charters and some really BAD ones lol.  Kind of like any and all schools.  She is also going to a Charter Highschool next year. :)  She's in a wonderful public right now. 

Quoting want10more:

yes they must be, as you are happy w/ them. the one they went to? oh ugh. my 14 yr old daughter can't read a clock! but as you said, they MUST be all diff!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Like everything, it depends on the school.  My daughter went to charter from 3rd-6th grade, she thrived!  She was brought up to grade level for reading.  Charters are all different I think

Quoting want10more:

i am not a fan of charter schools. so far my step kid is being taught chinese, but not multiplication tables. his sis, who we now have custody of, is flunking math, and can't read a clock.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Um wow! 

Quoting want10more:

well, as i said, AND SO DID YOU.... it depends on the school. sure glad you had a better experience than we did! glad to hear ur kid's happy there!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

want10more
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:30 AM

um WOW? if i sounded bitchy or offended you, was NOT my intention. just meant to say that we were on the same page saying that all schools are diff. and was being sincere in saying i'm glad ur kids are doing well. if i came off wrong, i apologize. NOT what i meant honest!!!!!!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Um wow! 

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:33 AM

LOL I thought I offended you because I basicly repeated myself in 2 seperate posts lol.  :) 

Quoting want10more:

um WOW? if i sounded bitchy or offended you, was NOT my intention. just meant to say that we were on the same page saying that all schools are diff. and was being sincere in saying i'm glad ur kids are doing well. if i came off wrong, i apologize. NOT what i meant honest!!!!!!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Um wow! 

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

want10more
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:32 AM

LOL here we BOTH are w/ opinions pretty much the same and worried we'd offended each other! guess we're ok eh? haha! (but ps: my girlee's charter school just really sucked ass, glad urs was better!)

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

LOL I thought I offended you because I basicly repeated myself in 2 seperate posts lol.  :) 

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Um wow! 

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

Quoting want10more:

Princess.Sara
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:37 AM

We will be homeschooling. I was homeschooled growing up and have always wanted to homeschool. DH finally agreed after his aunts told him they were homeschooling their kids. We have a great group out here!

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:10 AM

That really sucks about your daughter.  Is she in a public or private right now?

Quoting want10more:

LOL here we BOTH are w/ opinions pretty much the same and worried we'd offended each other! guess we're ok eh? haha! (but ps: my girlee's charter school just really sucked ass, glad urs was better!)

want10more
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM

public now, trying hard to catch her up. but she's 14, can't read a clock or use a phonebook, doesn't know her multiplication tables. testing out as a 4th grader in math.. yikes! much work to do!

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

That really sucks about your daughter.  Is she in a public or private right now?

Quoting want10more:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)