Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Schedules

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello :) 

Well I am a young mother and I have struggled to get my kids into a dailey schedule. I always start new jobs and new schools and just have so much junk in my life I need to get my boys 13 years old and 11 years old into a dailey schedule that they can follow to help them be responsible any advice? 

by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Consistency. Do you move alot? Try to figure out a schedule that works. My daughter is 10 and has to be dressed before having breakfast, then brushes her hair and teeth, makes sure everything is in her backpack and off to school she goes. After school it's homework, usually at school, then we go home, fix dinner, eat, she reads or does typing homework, plays or watches tv, takes a shower and goes to bed. This has been her schedule for years.

MJP76
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:15 PM

13 and 11? Good luck.

i think it's going to be difficult to enforce a schedule on these boys when they have lived all their lives in a non organized way. I mean, go to school, do your homework, have a bed time..potentially have an extra curricular activity for structure. I guess start small like that.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I'm not sure but here is a bump!

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Do they go to school?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Bump
whatmynameagain
by Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
This is a suggestion how Id start:
First put in the things that have to be done at a specific time: leaving/ return from school, getting up/ dressed/ breakfast...homework, chores that need to be done,bedtimes...spots for the apointments or activities (a may vary from day to day)
Then set meals for @ a general time. Whatever you have left over you can have as with free time or things they enjoy as a family...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting whatmynameagain:

First put in the things that have to be done at a specific time: leaving/ return from school, getting up/ dressed/ breakfast...homework, chores that need to be done,bedtimes...spots for the apointments or activities (a may vary from day to day)

Then set meals for @ a general time. Whatever you have left over you can have as with free time or things they enjoy as a family...
natalieumphrey
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i have 10 kids. schedules help ALOT!! It might not work out right away and you might get off track just a little but eventually you will notice it working and getting better. It will even be twerked to your family style. My kids range from 11 to 6months. I have 2 yr old twins and if they are off schedule they are cranky. This leaves alot of time for me and the hubby  <3

bmom42
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Yes they go to school! I now have a set schedule for them to follow, which I have to sign to make sure everything is done....haha! Thanks! 

rebeccasmly
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Good advice to get things started, especially at their ages.

Quoting whatmynameagain:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN