Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

were they really that dense?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
Im probably way behind on current events, but I saw 20/20 tonight and it was about the steubenville incident. Im finding it hard to believe that those kids, all of them, were too dense to think they were doing anything wrong. Really?! You don't think there's anything wrong with sexually violating a drunk girl? I know high schoolers are morons. I've been a high schooler. But I knew that rape was wrong.

Anyone else not buying the "I didn't know we did anything wrong" story?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatmynameagain
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:49 AM
2 moms liked this
That whole story pisses me off and sickens me! What kind of kids are being raised to think its ok to record/ post online the rape of a girl and boys laughing about it. Everyone had a phone and no one thought to call the thr police orreport to an adult. Its justa sick. Disgusting makes my stomach churn. I really want to put my kids in a bubble like the movie bubble boy. This makes me sick and absolutely livid. They knew it was wrong drunk or not they were old enough to know better and now should be charged as adults in my opinion jail isn't good enough. That poor girl and her family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
poohbearkfc
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM
I'm with you on this one. I'm not buying the whole "I didn't know it was wrong" thing. Things like this make me want to lock up the key and throw it away. (Wouldmt ever really, but come on now, you gotta know right from wrong, what if it was them how would they feel.) Sorry I watched the episode also and am still a litle worked up about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleMc
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Well considering that Big Ben got away with it, what are kids supposed to think? When we allow NFL players to get away with everything all the time, make it major news & say it is okay with them, in the state right next door, what the heck do we expect? When Grown Adults used it as an excuse AND got away with it with NOTHING, what are high schoolers whose brains aren't done developing supposed to do? How about we stop treating NFL players like gods, start treating them like the humans they are, and stop letting them get out of things. When the Big Ben story hit, we had to sit & over explain it to a bunch of teens in scouts that didn't get it eitherback then when it happened. They heard their parents saying how it wasn't Big Ben's fault, and how it was the girls fault, how she knew what she was doing, on & on. Drunk is not an excuse, etc. 

Also it needs to stop that High School Football players are put on pedastals too. When that also stops, then maybe some of this can stop. It is always the same. 

It is horrible what happened to that girl. But, it is also sad that these kids let themselves get this drunk. They don't use the buddy system, they get to these parties, have no issue drinking like crazy, their parents have NO clue where they are. But that they are always seeming to be partying this much at 16. Especially when someone is drunk often at that age. This wasn't the first time she was drinking & she didn't have a drink or two. Just like the 6 kids that were just killed in Ohio, 14 & 15 years old, 8 kids piled into a car that could only hold 5 people, flying around a corner after being at a party all night. Young kids are just doing this stuff WAY too much & parents seem LOST on it all. Their kids seem to rule them & what they do.

I think the whole I didn't realize putting my fingers in her was going to be rape is more the whole shock on their part. They know it was wrong, that I don't buy. 

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Its a sad world we live in. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

They knew what they were doing and didn't care.

PEEK05
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Exactly how I feel about it.

Quoting goddess99:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally agree.

Quoting goddess99:

occumommy
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:08 PM
They knew, they didn`t care, and it horrific. What`s more horrific was the adults blaming the victim. Which is a serious problem in society. Until we fix that we cannot expect any better from our kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeekers
by Member on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:10 PM

ignorance is a wonderful excuse for not using your smarts.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Yes it sure is!

Quoting splatz:

Its a sad world we live in. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)