Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

were they really that dense?

Im probably way behind on current events, but I saw 20/20 tonight and it was about the steubenville incident. Im finding it hard to believe that those kids, all of them, were too dense to think they were doing anything wrong. Really?! You don't think there's anything wrong with sexually violating a drunk girl? I know high schoolers are morons. I've been a high schooler. But I knew that rape was wrong.

Anyone else not buying the "I didn't know we did anything wrong" story?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Replies (11-13):
natalieumphrey
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I think I saw the same thing. I wasn't current on this issue either. I watched the whole 12 min video on YouTube, then saw them denying they did anything wrong as well as crying in court when they were just crying tears of joy??? I was also appalled about how the community acted. This girl may even have to deal with family members and now the town too?? I dont doubt it if she has to move out of town and change her name. Shame on people like that. They knew it was wrong but teenagers do dumb stuff like video tape it and just post it or however it got out. More people need to be in trouble!!!

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Yeah, I'd say they're full of shit.

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
I didn't follow that case so I can't comment on tha specifically. But I can say that we live in a jacked up world and I strongly disagree with the way we are raising our kids in this culture. We have lost our morals and we can't be too surprised when our kids don't have any either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)