Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
How can yoou tell a first time grand parent to just learn to be grandma and not be so overbearing. My In law got mad at me because I gave my son a piece of bread. My fiance said something but it didnt make me feel better. I wish I could tell her that she needs to be a mother to her own damn kids not mine. Its a bit difficult living with the In laws! They are overbearing and I just want to move, but not enough money to move. What would you ladies do or have done?
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Replies (11-17):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:51 PM

This

Quoting goddess99:

I've never lived with anyone either. I would do what I could to bring in more money and move out.

HuggaBug1991
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Told her to mind her own kids. My mom does this to me!

mamazeus
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM
My mom isn't like this but it is her 6th grandchild so she knows the difference!

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

Told her to mind her own kids. My mom does this to me!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:10 AM
How old is your son. Whose bread was it? Why did she care that you gave him bread? The answers might shed light on a bigger issue.
natalieumphrey
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM

do you guys live with her? big no no. I moved 1 hr away and ive never been happier!! ive been married for 9 hrs and my mil backed off just a little. stand up for yourself tell her how you feel about it!! might work might not 

Discover your Tru Beauty    Mommy to 3 Sets WAHM 

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Sadly I think you either just have to deal with it or risk a big blow out which is definitely not ideal in your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamazeus
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:06 AM
He is 6 n a half months and it was my bread. We were at a restaurant

Quoting SlapItHigh:

How old is your son. Whose bread was it? Why did she care that you gave him bread? The answers might shed light on a bigger issue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)