Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

scared out of my mind....

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

Okay ladies, I gave birth to my daughter on halloween, on december 12 i got mybirth control put in. It said give it one week before having unprotected sex. We had sex that next morning (after the one week).

So i've had it in 12 weeks, 11 weeks since the sex after. Ihavent had a period (which was expected, around 3 months after It was likely to slow down or even stop) But i've also been having headaches, been crazy tierd, and moody. With both my children i found out i was pregnant at about 6 weeks. but I wasnt on birth control with either of them.

Could Ibe pregnant? Or do you think its just the BC messng with my body?

( i know the best way is to just buy a pregnacy test, but hubbys at drill this weekend s I have no car to go get one until hes home) So just want some opinions on what you think. If i should be worried or not. The symptoms say yes, but i know BC can cause those effects. Plus its been 11 weeks, wouldn't i have noticed sooner?

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Go to the dollar store and get a test. It will ease your stress level and that can be causing you to not have a period. If you are sensitive and it's a hormone birth control it could stop your periods completely. There are sooo many things that it could be now days! 

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 23, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Idk, I would wait until you could get a test before I started worrying.

mjohnson70
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 9:30 PM
If you don't mind me asking what birth control are you using?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
my4loves4
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:25 PM

the implanon, the implant in the arm.

Quoting mjohnson70:

If you don't mind me asking what birth control are you using?

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I had the implants in my arm back a while and never once had a period. 

my4loves4
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM

lol im trying! I love my kids, but thinking of having another one this soon is terrifying!

Quoting goddess99:

Idk, I would wait until you could get a test before I started worrying.

mjohnson70
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I was just asking because all of my friends have been told to use an extra sort of protection for at least 4 weeks to make sure everything is clearly in their system. You should get a test just to make yourself feel better.

Knightquester
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Worry is wasteful.  If you're pregnant you'll find out eventually, and if you're not then you'll know that soon enough too.  I would just try to calm down and enjoy the rest of the weekend rather than worrying it all the way through.

It's always possible you can be pregnant, especially having sex that soon after implanting it, but then it's also very likely it's the birth control that are causing these symptoms.  Other birth control symptoms are lack of period for months at a time (my best friend has this one and she has a period only a few times in a year).

Regardless of what it is, worrying about what you won't find out about until after the weekend will just ruin your weekend so just put in on the back burner and deal with it when you know you can.

BelleVernonGirl
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 3:47 AM

I have to say that my daughter has the implanon and after she got it I completely thought she was hiding being preg from me...I thought it had failed and we were screwed...but since it's been over a year since she got it...it was just side effects...

nurse1997
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM

NO ITS PROBALLY SIDE EFFECTS BUT YOU NEVER KNOW GET A TEST WHEN HE COMES  HOME

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN