Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Baby oil

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM
  • 18 Replies
I've got a question. I've got a bottle of baby oil from when my daughter was a baby, 5 years ago, and used it on my 9 month old and it smells like must or an old book. But I read that baby oil doesn't go bad. Has anyone else experienced this?
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whatmynameagain
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM
No. But if it smells I would toss it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM

No, I would replace it.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:33 PM

No, but if it smells bad I would toss it.

Xander2212
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Ok thank you all so much. I know this should be a common sense thing but I just figured I'd ask others before I tossed it. I read that oils don't go bad ever but nothing I read said anything about the smells. My husband is very sensitive to smell and he said it doesn't smell bad but when I used it on my daughter a few years ago it smelled like baby oil but used it on my son and it made him smell bad. I will take everyone's advice and toss it.
TaygansMommy
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

This is probably a stupid question, but, what do you use baby oil for? I have some, just never knew what to use it for.

KW1280
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I use it on my son's hair

Quoting TaygansMommy:

This is probably a stupid question, but, what do you use baby oil for? I have some, just never knew what to use it for.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TaygansMommy
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Is it easier to fix and help it stay when you add that? My DD has no hair so it'll be awhile if that's what I end up using it for. Haha.

Quoting KW1280:

Quoting TaygansMommy:

KW1280
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
My baby has "old man" hair. He has hair in patches lol. It keeps his scalp from getting dry

Quoting TaygansMommy:

Is it easier to fix and help it stay when you add that? My DD has no hair so it'll be awhile if that's what I end up using it for. Haha.

Quoting KW1280:

Quoting TaygansMommy:

TaygansMommy
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Yeah thats kind of how hers is. It's longer in the back and very thin on top, looks like a mullet. Her scalp gets very dry to but I have always just used baby lotion. Plus I try not to take her out much because it's so cold so that helps a little.

Quoting KW1280:

My baby has "old man" hair. He has hair in patches lol. It keeps his scalp from getting dry

Quoting TaygansMommy:

Quoting KW1280:

Quoting TaygansMommy:

SlapItHigh
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Definite toss.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)