Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
I've got a question. I've got a bottle of baby oil from when my daughter was a baby, 5 years ago, and used it on my 9 month old and it smells like must or an old book. But I read that baby oil doesn't go bad. Has anyone else experienced this?
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Replies (11-18):
MoeksieNature
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

You can put a couple of drops in the bath water. I make my own wipes so I squeeze a couple of drops with baby soap into a little bit of water and use a cloth to wipe baby.

Quoting TaygansMommy:

This is probably a stupid question, but, what do you use baby oil for? I have some, just never knew what to use it for.

mrsnoble2004
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It's good for treating cradle cap

Quoting TaygansMommy:

This is probably a stupid question, but, what do you use baby oil for? I have some, just never knew what to use it for.

kss12
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Yes we had baby oil in our garage because we use it if we go on a run to help us get tan while running. Ours started smelling like that so we threw it away and kept baby oil in the house instead of a hot humid place
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Baby oil is toxic.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LADIBUGBEAN
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:23 PM

If it has a kind of off looking color, kinda cloudy or just not as 'sparkly' as it once did, get rid of it.  I have had it do that and I tossed it based on the color as well as the smell. Thks.

OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I'd toss it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I would use something healthier like coconut or olive oil. Baby oil is a petroleum derivative and can leach vitamins and minerals from the body.
KRIZZ25
by Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM
throw it get u another..u can get it cheep..i like it better than lotion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN