Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

So, open up the mail today (we've been gone for 4 days), Got a bill from a hospital in a larger, neighboring city for $1500. My DH name is on it. It is for DNA testing, SEVERAL times.... He has never been a patient at this hospital, much less our own smaller hospital!! And, I KNOW he has no reasoning to have DNA testing done. We have been happily (lol) married for 15 years.

What a joke is this? And, to top it all off, our last name is very very unusual.

Guess who I am going to be on the phone to tomorrow?  Wish me luck.. YIKES

ETA: Just to remind you that my dh and I have discussed this, and we areboth inaww about it, and so laughing about it. I am sure it is a mistake on either the insurance or hospital. My dh and I are very loyal to each other. No doubt in my mind he is telling me the truth.

OKAY ALL.... IT WASN' T MY DH, IT WAS ME!!! HERE IS THE STORY......

WE HAD A BABY BORN SLEEPING ON 2/21/2013. I SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT I DO NOT NEED TO KNOW THE REASONING FOR THESTILLBIRTH. IT IS WAS IT IS AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO CHANGE IT. WELL, THE DOCTOR APPARENTLY STILL ORDERED ALL OF THESE TESTS. I SPOKE WITH A FRIEND OF MINE THAT HAS HAD A STILLBIRTH AND SAID THAT THE TESTING IS GENERALLY NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE, SO WE MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE TESTING. BELIEVE ME I WILL BE TALKING WITH THAT DR ABOUT THE UNNECESSARY TESTING!!! I AM REALLY PISSED!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Crazy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleVernonGirl
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:21 AM

bump for updates!!!

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Good luck with that. You'll have to update us later.

ashybaby87
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Good luck! Keep us updated!

Vix920
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I work for BCBS in claims processing. I can tell you that more often than you realize, billers will mistakenly bill the wrong patient; not out of fraud or anything sinister, simply by clicking on the wrong patient's name. If your DH has been a patient of that hospital lab in the past, he might be alphabetically close to another patient who had the tests. If they billed your insurance and that particular test isn't covered, your insurance wouldn't know the difference and put the money as patient balance. Unless your husband is hiding something, (obviously I hope for your sake he's not) this sounds like an administrative error that is easily fixed.

*edit* Also, it's good to remember that with lab tests, you don't ever have to have been physically present at a hospital or lab to be a patient there. Doctors send samples everywhere; locally and out of state.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:04 PM

hope everything is ok

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 25, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Wow..this is nuts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Crazy!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Please keep us posted on this. Very curious as to what the hospital is going to say.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Good luck! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN