Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, open up the mail today (we've been gone for 4 days), Got a bill from a hospital in a larger, neighboring city for $1500. My DH name is on it. It is for DNA testing, SEVERAL times.... He has never been a patient at this hospital, much less our own smaller hospital!! And, I KNOW he has no reasoning to have DNA testing done. We have been happily (lol) married for 15 years.

What a joke is this? And, to top it all off, our last name is very very unusual.

Guess who I am going to be on the phone to tomorrow?  Wish me luck.. YIKES

ETA: Just to remind you that my dh and I have discussed this, and we areboth inaww about it, and so laughing about it. I am sure it is a mistake on either the insurance or hospital. My dh and I are very loyal to each other. No doubt in my mind he is telling me the truth.

OKAY ALL.... IT WASN' T MY DH, IT WAS ME!!! HERE IS THE STORY......

WE HAD A BABY BORN SLEEPING ON 2/21/2013. I SPECIFICALLY SAID THAT I DO NOT NEED TO KNOW THE REASONING FOR THESTILLBIRTH. IT IS WAS IT IS AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO TO CHANGE IT. WELL, THE DOCTOR APPARENTLY STILL ORDERED ALL OF THESE TESTS. I SPOKE WITH A FRIEND OF MINE THAT HAS HAD A STILLBIRTH AND SAID THAT THE TESTING IS GENERALLY NOT COVERED BY INSURANCE, SO WE MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE TESTING. BELIEVE ME I WILL BE TALKING WITH THAT DR ABOUT THE UNNECESSARY TESTING!!! I AM REALLY PISSED!

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Replies (31-32):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I would be fighting that bill.

Hilary799
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Sue the doctor if you have too. He specifically went against your wishes. He should have to pay. Makes me wonder how many other patients he's done that too. That should be investigated. Sorry for your loss :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)