Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do you feel... Pic attached

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

How do you feel after having a baby?
Better or worse?!
I feel worse, I feel like my facial structure has changed and I don't photograph as well!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM
Replies (31-40):
chelsone
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is 7 months. And it can be bad... depending what you started at. Lol. Im not fat i guess (people say that but i think they do it to make me feel better). But im not happy with it. So its something i am trying to change

Quoting goddess99:

33 isn't bad though, I gain 80 and never lost it, my baby is almost 11 years old lol.

Quoting chelsone:

Me too. :( i gained 33 pounds whilepregnant. A week lateri lost all but 10 pounds. I got mirena at my 6 week checkup and now its all back.

Quoting goddess99:

I felt and still feel fat.

Mel0dy
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Thats pretty much how I feel as well. I think my body looks great but my face has changed alot. I weaned DD when she was a year (4months ago) and my skin has goten alot better sense and i'm strting to feel a bit better about it lately but still not as good as I would like to feel lol 

Quoting kss12:

Yes yes yes!!!! I so feel the same! My body is.. I think better than before, I have a little more curve and obviously bigger tata's! But my face! What happened?!?! I'm nursing too and I was telling my mom I just feel old, and I'm not old, I'm in my mid 20's so I shouldn't feel like I look old! So weird! My mom said she felt the same until she hit late 30's early 40's. I can't wait that long to feel like I have a pretty face again!!

Quoting Mel0dy:

I feel like my Face has changed as well. I know it sounds dumb but I feel like being pregnant and breastfeeding made me age faster or something I dont what it is about it but I dont feel as good about the way my face looks. I think you look GREAT by the way

Pammi86
by Pamela on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I feel worse. It never bothered me until this time around and I have 9 weeks left with baby number two and it is going to be a lot harder to get in shape and lose weight!

MoeksieNature
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I lost my butt, literally speaking, I'm thinner after birth than before I fell pregnant and I wish I could gain weight. Whilst pregnant, I lost weight when baby gained. You are gorgeous though. I think we are harder on ourselves than other people...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kss12
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
You're your toughest critic! But it's hard when you don't feel good about yourself no matter how much you doll up! Hubby tells me I look better now than ever but I just don't feel it!

Quoting MoeksieNature:

I lost my butt, literally speaking, I'm thinner after birth than before I fell pregnant and I wish I could gain weight. Whilst pregnant, I lost weight when baby gained. You are gorgeous though. I think we are harder on ourselves than other people...

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Agreed!

Quoting staceyp6180:

Mama, you are beautiful.

Quoting kss12:

Mobile Photo

How do you feel after having a baby?

Better or worse?!

I feel worse, I feel like my facial structure has changed and I don't photograph as well!

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

After my son I felt ok. With him other than the stretch marks my body probably looked better post baby lol. After my daughter I just felt gross. I lost so much weight so fast that my body didn't just "bounce" back like it had the first time. 

Eve-marie
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM

You're beautiful. I think it's the hormones that make us feel so bad. I was offered meds for depression with the first one but I refused because I didn't want to stop breast feeding him. The other times wasn't as bad but I felt fat and ugly, although my aunt said she couldn't believe how flat my stomach was when I went home from the hospital. Hopefully your depressed feelings won't last long. Your baby is gorgeous, by the way.

haileys_mommy06
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:19 AM
This

Quoting goddess99:

I felt and still feel fat.

kss12
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!
It's not like I'm depressed by any means.. I don't look in the mirror every day and feel depressed.. It's more motivational to me to find out what I can do to look like I did pre baby! It's hard becoming a mom as men don't understand. So it's hard to talk to them without them giving you 100 fake compliments lol

Quoting Eve-marie:

You're beautiful. I think it's the hormones that make us feel so bad. I was offered meds for depression with the first one but I refused because I didn't want to stop breast feeding him. The other times wasn't as bad but I felt fat and ugly, although my aunt said she couldn't believe how flat my stomach was when I went home from the hospital. Hopefully your depressed feelings won't last long. Your baby is gorgeous, by the way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)