Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Traditions For Easter

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Sue
  • 8 Replies

When my kids were too little to know what was going on yet with Easter, we would help them out finding their baskets on Easter Sun. To do that we started at the front door w/4 trails (I had 4 kids). First you found your letter written in jelly beans, then followed that trail around the house til you got to your basket! Mad rush at first but they had such fun with it that we did it always - as long as they had Easter baskets and lived at home. I still send their favorites to them for Easter - candy that is.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hr3boys
by New Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I have 3 boys 15,12 and 8. I have a bucket filled with plastic easter eggs and they leave that on the table the night before easter for the easter bunny to fill with goodies. The easter bunny also leaves them a basket of their favorite things. We go to my parents or grandparents for a nice ham dinner.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM

That is so fun!

sdbcoach
by Sue on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:26 PM

BUMP!

sdbcoach
by Sue on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Thanks...Do you have a family tradition around this too?

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 26, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Cute idea. My dd just hunts for eggs and her basket.

connie45
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM
The traditional drinking of Mimosas is my favorite.
auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM
Before my parents moved last sept 2012 we open baskets at home n then go over to parents to open and then to nannys for a nice meal.
Shelly126
by Michele on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Our family traditions were always going to church, we went to mass on Saturday evening 5pm. It was a special mass for kids, really very nicely done and much easier than cramming through the doors on Sunday morning.
We got easter baskets, had egg hunts some were real eggs we dyed the day before and some were plastic filled with treats or money!
We also ad a nice family dinner.
I still follow these traditions today.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)