Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

at what age ...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM
  • 24 Replies
Did or LO's teeth start too fall out? I remember mine falling out at 5 but the dentist keeps saying at around 6-7. I find this too old for a child's baby teeth to fall out, how old were you and your kids when their/your baby teeth fell out?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Dd is 5 and has one wiggly tooth.
momtoBrenna
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 7:23 AM

My dd was almost 6 for the first one and she got her first teeth at 5.5 months old. The later that the get them, the later that they lose them. Average is 6-7, 5 is okay and any earlier than 5 is bad. 

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:28 AM

DS was 4 and a half when he lost his first 2 teeth, and it wasn't bad the dentist actually told us it was normal for them to lose thier teeth around 4/5, as a even  several students in his k4 class started losing teeth around 4 1/2 as a well.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

My dd was almost 6 for the first one and she got her first teeth at 5.5 months old. The later that the get them, the later that they lose them. Average is 6-7, 5 is okay and any earlier than 5 is bad. 

momtoBrenna
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I was told that if they lose them much before 5.5, they have a mineral problem. 

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

DS was 4 and a half when he lost his first 2 teeth, and it wasn't bad the dentist actually told us it was normal for them to lose thier teeth around 4/5, as a even  several students in his k4 class started losing teeth around 4 1/2 as a well.

Quoting momtoBrenna:

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I think my dd was 5 or 6.

wifeynmommie80
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM

When we took him to the dentist, his dentist informed us its normal and typical by age 6 they should have both permanent and baby teeth, they loose thier teeth at an early age because of jaw growth which normally starts at age 4. So normally both bottoms will come out. 

Quoting momtoBrenna:

I was told that if they lose them much before 5.5, they have a mineral problem. 

Quoting wifeynmommie80:

Quoting momtoBrenna:

MJP76
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

nurbabe82
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Ds is 6 and not one loose tooth. I have heard the later they get teeth the later they lose teeth. DS was 1 and only had 4 teeth so based on what I have heard, not surprised he hasn't lost any yet.

layawatling
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I was five...not too positive though. My dds aren't old enough yet. They're still getting baby teeth lol.
McM0609
by Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Why is any earlier then that bad??

Quoting momtoBrenna:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)