Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My childs schedule is app screwed up, please help a mom out!!!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
  • 7 Replies
I just left my home in NC two days ago to come visit my mil in Florida. I will be here for 3 weeks. My son whom is two years old usually goes to sleep in his own bed at 9pm and sleeps through the night. Now I'm in Florida, I have a small mattress I put on floor for him so he can sleep on that by my bed. Only problem is, I can't get him to sleep in it. I don't want to fall back into the Co sleeping habit bc first I'm pregnant and lord knows it is hard enough to sleep as it is. What do I do? I try to put him in bed, give him his Teddy and tell him to go to sleep and I go in next room but he just cries and cries. I would let h cry but I know that he is in a different environment. He is now sleeping with my mil.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jessesbride
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 3:36 AM
1 mom liked this

He is in a new place, you might put him on the bed & stay in the room... Reading or whatever til he falls asleep.

dreamalong
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:38 AM

He needs time to adjust.  You certainly do not want him to keep sleeping with you.  I would go through a similar process that it takes to first train a child to sleep in his own bed.  Does he tell you why he can't go to sleep?  Usually it is just a different environment, the sounds are different, it feels different.  The other options is for you to sleep in his bed until he goes to sleep and then sleep in your bed.

true-love-21
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM
He doesn't sleep with me and no he doesn't talk much yet. Hopefully he will adjust soon. :)

Quoting dreamalong:

He needs time to adjust.  You certainly do not want him to keep sleeping with you.  I would go through a similar process that it takes to first train a child to sleep in his own bed.  Does he tell you why he can't go to sleep?  Usually it is just a different environment, the sounds are different, it feels different.  The other options is for you to sleep in his bed until he goes to sleep and then sleep in your bed.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I would keep trying to get him to sleep on the bed you set up for him. Idk, good luck!

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Just keep trying, he is in a new place and is going to take time for him to adjust.

Pammi86
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I would give him time.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:44 PM

He is in a new place. He is probably afraid. Try staying with him until he falls a sleep. If not I wouldn't worry about it. He will most likely go back to normal when you get home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN