Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

pre paid phone

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
  • 39 Replies
Recently I switched from an AT&T plan to one of their go phone plans, I get to keep my smart phone and it's way cheaper. Instead of over 100$ a month foot so many minutes and so much data I have unlimited everything for 50$. Do any of you ladies have pre paid? What are the pros and cons?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Nope. We do Verizon 

heatherann2
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM
I had Verizon a while ago, but I got out of NY contract because I lived I'm the middle of no where and it didn't work in my house

Quoting MJP76:

Nope. We do Verizon 

MJP76
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Yeah, we've had Verizon forever... I do know though that reception sucks out in BFE..lol when we went house hunting in 2010, we were originally looking for a house in the country. I put a stop to that reall quick when I didn't have cell reception..lol

Quoting heatherann2:

I had Verizon a while ago, but I got out of NY contract because I lived I'm the middle of no where and it didn't work in my house

Quoting MJP76:

Nope. We do Verizon 

heatherann2
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Yea I lived out on the country and I wad pregnant with my first, home alone a lot and no phone service. Lol I was like"nope" cuz of I went into labor I was screwed. Which dorky after I got out I of my contract I ended up in labor home alone..lol

Quoting MJP76:

Yeah, we've had Verizon forever... I do know though that reception sucks out in BFE..lol when we went house hunting in 2010, we were originally looking for a house in the country. I put a stop to that reall quick when I didn't have cell reception..lol

Quoting heatherann2:

Quoting MJP76:

Nope. We do Verizon 

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I used to. I liked it, but the phone I had sucked.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I have the same phone I had on my contract plan so I'm not worried about not liking my phone lol.

Quoting LivinDeadGurl:

I used to. I liked it, but the phone I had sucked.

Firenygirl180
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I was going to do a prepaid plan through AT&T but when I was looking they charged you $1 per day everyday you use your phone.  Since that would automatically be  $30/month I said no way

kaybear123
by Member on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Yes I have a prepaid through boost mobile. 

Pros: being able to switch to a different company whenever.

Cons: none so far.

MamaAjax
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Both my hubby and I are prepaid.

I'm on At&t $2.00 a day plan, but that's because I don't really ever use my phone so it ends up being about $15-$30 and that includes all my usage. Internet, text, and talk.

I was on the $50.00 monthly plan before we moved in together because out of the two of us he's the big phone talker.

Now hubby has Verizon's pre-pay plan. It's not a go phone, it's a Droid. He pay's about $70 a month for unlimited talk, text, and 1gb of data. Which is more than he uses because he always does the wifi.

We love it. I've had go phones for about 3 years now. Never going back to a contract phone >:O

heatherann2
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Thanks ladies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)