Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Recently I switched from an AT&T plan to one of their go phone plans, I get to keep my smart phone and it's way cheaper. Instead of over 100$ a month foot so many minutes and so much data I have unlimited everything for 50$. Do any of you ladies have pre paid? What are the pros and cons?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (11-20):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I have a TracFone and really like it. We don't use our phones much so it's perfect for us. You can sometimes get the minute cards on sale so it's about $6 a month per phone.

3girlskdpreno
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM

My phone is a prepaid phone! Metro! We pay 40$ a month I dont like smart phones maybe im phone stupid LOL but they drive me nuts so its just a lil cheaper! Unlimited online minutes texts! Its so much better than all the costs of a plan phone I had sprint for 10years b4 I switched! Always a diff price always something! LOVE MINE!!!

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids are on a similar plan and theirs costs me $53 a month for unlimited everything. For my husband and I who are on a plan? $200 a month for 2 phones and we're constantly pushing the minutes, can't use it as a wi-fi and the data limit is 2G per phone. Totally sucks. Contract is up in June. We'll be switching as well. 

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I have Sprint but I'm thinking of going back to pre-paid. I had a prepaid phone for a few years but got horrible service once I moved. Hoping I can find something that works.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I don't even use a cell phone anymore. I own one. But it's basically good for nothing but an alarm clock.

CafeMom Tickers
angelachristine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I have straight talk and I don't really know of any cons. It's just as good as when I had att and way cheaper.

It's Cassandra Cat! 

Mom2five87
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I have the Galaxy S2 with a Straight Talk plan and I love it!
neptunekitty
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
I have a prepaid straighttalk and I love it. Unlimited everything for 45 a month.
heatherann2
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM
That's what I wanted but they don't work with att.any more

Quoting neptunekitty:

I have a prepaid straighttalk and I love it. Unlimited everything for 45 a month.

nelsjb
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I have t-mobile prepaid for $30 a month, unlimited data and text and 100 mins,4g, I downloaded an internet phone on it and use the internet phone fr calls so I  rarely use all of the 100 mins, works for me. I was with At&t before and this is way cheaper and I have 4g now not 3g. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)