Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Recently I switched from an AT&T plan to one of their go phone plans, I get to keep my smart phone and it's way cheaper. Instead of over 100$ a month foot so many minutes and so much data I have unlimited everything for 50$. Do any of you ladies have pre paid? What are the pros and cons?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Replies (31-39):
Desiree9
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:38 PM

In my opinion the virgin mobile prepaid plans and phones are great. I also use their internet hotspot service. Up to 4 devices can connect wireless at the same time.

Pink.Frosting
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I had AT&T and paid through the nose for it.  It was awful.  We switched to StraightTalk and I have 3 phones on unlimited plans for what it cost me at AT&T for 2 phones and we had to watch our limits.  I love it and won't ever got back to AT&T again.

paige8608
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I'm on a family plan w/ Verizon w/ my mom & brother, so I don't pay the bill. We've had it forever. I had a pre-paid Straight Talk phone w/ a Samsung Precedent, but some of the "unlimited" features stopped working for my account, out of the blue, for no reason. For example, I could not send pic messages - I could only receive them. I would get txts from the company saying that I needed to call some 1-800 # before a certain date to reactivate my pic messaging. It was a lot of BS! I was on the phone w/ diff. customer service people, non of whom knew wtf I was talking about or how to fix it. It was the most idiotic thing! I wish I did not waste my money on that crap! So I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy lll on my Verizon account & now I'm happy again. 

icn_mom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I have pre paid... the pro: far cheaper! the con: you cant be even 24 hours late on the payment or they shut it off.. with a contract phone there is more leeway in case when needed :)

sramey29
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:16 AM

i do

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I am in a plan and prefer it.

elisesmom922
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, Dh and I both do. We have Straight Talk thru Walmart,and we like it. We aren't really smart phone people, I have a Blackberry and DH has a Galaxy.

honeydewmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:00 AM

We were gonna go prepaid, but Tmobile gave us unlimited everything including uncapped 4g for 2 years $50 a phone plus brand new phones, so we stayed . 

emaylerocks76
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I have prepaid. I use straight talk. It is pretty awesome at a great price.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN