Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Journal ideas? PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
  • 3 Replies

If you were writing a book or a journal about yourself so that you could leave it behind for your children, what would you put in it? Memories of when you were a kid? Favorite songs & movies? Favorite quotes? Anything goes! Need some ideas. I have started a journal to fill up for if anything happens to me before my daughter gets a chance to really know who I am, she will be able to read the journal I wrote and know me, or just for when she's older, something that she can hang on to and cherish.

So, what would you be sure to include in your journal/book?

Thanks in advance ladies!

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

All those things, how I met my child's father, how I met and married my dh (different man), what my life was like before I became a mom, how I felt when I found out I was going to be a mom, the hospital stay,.......

sdbcoach
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a nephew that came up w/I think a terrific idea. Every year he writes in each (he has 4 now) child's Journal With Dad (he keeps on his computer). He talks to them about things they have done together over the year. Also great "funny" stories that have happened. He plans on binding it as a book & giving it to them when they leave home or 21st birthday, whichever comes first. I love it! Then for yourself I'd put in it all the pearls of wisdom collected over your life - tell the stories as to why, when, where. You can find them in your memory bank by asking yourself, "From childhood until now, what were transitional times in my life that effected which way I turned, which path I took & why. What was important to you? Who did you love?

TigressLily
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:27 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN