Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How do I lose weight when my 2 kids are constantly eating???

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am losing my damn mind!

I have always been great at fasting, ok. If I ever ''gained weight'', I'd fast until the desired amount of weight is shedded off, and get on with my normal diet. But the thing is, there are so many treats in this house and meals, carbs and food that's going around I was constantly eating!

So I put it all to a hault, and started a fast and found myself binging after the 4th day on all their damn Easter treats!

My son is 3 years old, my daughter is 1. So it's not like they're older and in school yet.

But I was 186lbs, I was 176 yesterday and now I'm 177 because of that stupid binge. 

I just need to somehow control myself until I'm at the desired weight.

I don't gain it back. Because when I go back to eating I eat healthy and normal foods. I'm just so sick of all this weight that I WILL fast and burn it all off. I don't even want to work out it's pointless because the minute I get on my treadmill, both of my children are RIGHT next to me tripping me, screaming, jumping around going crazy, etc. and I can't even concentrate or focus on my running.

I am single, I was working up until 2 weeks ago when I lost BOTH of my jobs so now I've just been sitting around the house pretty much going nuts when I realized how big I've gotten -__-

So many people on the internet turn into certified nutritionists for some reason when they read posts like this, point blank, I am starving myself and you're not changing my mind. I've done atkins diets, I've eaten strictly fruits, vegetables, protein and worked out. I've been in gyms, and before I had children I was never even overweight to begin with. Because I had the TIME to work out and live an active life. Right now it's just about my kids point blank my only choice right now is to starve and it's what I'm choosing to do. I've done it before and I lost 30lbs. I never put the weight back on until I CHOSE to start eating the things I CHOSE to eat. Cakes, muffins, loads of carbs, junk food, etc. No fast food. 

So I'm pretty much losing it because I know I have to make them breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks I'm going to be in the kitchen a million times today, and it's even MORE frustrating when I'm used to eating what they don't eat. Because sometimes they don't even eat the food I make them so I eat it instead.

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!@#$%^&

Oh and not to mention summer is almost here and the last thing I want is to be uncomfortable in summer clothes.

Someone with experience fasting message/comment and help me through these few weeks. Because I know I'll be able to push through and lost 30-40lbs the next few weeks if I actually TRY. 

Maybe if I just binge once a week? Or eat under 500 calories every 4 days?

I'm not sitting here saying my goal is to be anorexic, I'm saying I've done this before to lose 20lbs and I never gained it back like people say you will. If I choose to go periods of weeks and months eating like an absolute pig, why can't I go weeks or a month starving to lose all the weight I CHOSE to lose? 

People are always against fasting, but they never have a problem condoning the behavior and eating habits they had before!!!

So maybe someone out here with an open mind can advise me further. 

Because I'm going nutsooo. Thanks.

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I hope that you can find a way to lose the weight you want. To me fasting sounds so unhealthy. Good luck.  One thing I found to help lose weight is find ways to work out with the kids. Lift them as a weight(my daughter loves it) play tag with them, let them play outside and jump rope.

nymom01
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I'm in New York there is still snow outside which is why I said summer is coming up and I want to lose the weight before it gets here. I can't work out with them it's just too annoying I'm too serious and focused when I'm trying to work out so I don't want to.

MJP76
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure if you actually want advice or not. Your post is confusing.

fasting should never be done for more than 3 days. All fasting is meant to do it so kick start your metabolism, and flush out the junk that is in your system.

nymom01
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 3:15 PM

that only takes 3 days??

MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Fasting will not help you to lose weight. Eating constantly will. Controlling your calorie and eating healthy foods will make you lose weight far faster than fasting. The initial jump start will work for a couple of pounds, but eventually your body will shut down and protect it's fat stores. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)