Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am shocked to see this in stores......( NEED TO SEE)

ok moms tell me what you think about this.

I was at Baby RUs buying toys for my son 8 months old and also for my niece and a couple was upset and debting about these new dolls for kids.

I didn't know that they are selling dolls with private parts? Would you buy this for your children? 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Replies (11-20):
3kidz123
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

No! My children don't have private parts so why should there dolls?

Oh wait.... they do!

But sarcazm aside people bitch about everything these days and yes I'd by the doll :)

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I don't see a problem with it.  It's not a new thing.  When I was a little girl, I'm 42, they had the same doll

audreesmama
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM
6 moms liked this

If the doll is intact and NOT circumcised, I'd buy it.

MJP76
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM

These dolls have been around since 1975.

lovemysalior13
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Thanks guys for the comments. LOL 

Nice to see that there's people in the world that won't take offense to this. I shared this with a friends and they all said heck no they wouldn't buy it. Honeslty, I don't know what I would do still. I didn't have dolls as a kid I played with cars and trucks. And my sisters had barbies and you all know barbies didn't have any parts. To me this doll will be great for teaching kids about different parts of the opposite sex. I have a son if I have a daughter in the near fututre yes I'll probably buy it. But Thanks again for your comments. 

lovemysalior13
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Yes its sold with out pants 

Amberleigh81
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:09 PM
4 moms liked this
I always thought it was weird dolls DIDN'T have the correct parts, even as a little kid. I'd buy that!

I do think it's packaged (pardon the pun) a little weirdly... :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaRae85
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM
4 moms liked this

This. Except I'd also like to add that there's a hole in the box. Presumably so you can feel the weenie?? Creepy...

Quoting undrcvrmom:

LOL is the doll sold without pants on?  'Cause that looks creepy to me.  but other than that I have no problem with it.

MamaOf3091011
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I had a doll as a kid that was dressed in blue, I thought all dolls were girls I was then surprised to see the doll had a "thumb" down there. Lmao I wouldn't care for my girls to have a doll like that though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
1squishysmom
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I have worked in retail for 30 years. I didn't know they started making them again, but our store stocked these in 1986 or so. Haha. I remember an older lady coming in laughing so hard. The manager had them in the front window and the sun was shining on them. I guess you could see through their thin diapers. I find it odd that they now package them naked. They could just mark on the package if they are a boy or girl.

Since I have 2 boys, I would have definitely bought this! When we had our 2nd son, I got our older son a doll to bath, while I bathed the baby. He loved it, but his had no "parts". A little confusing for a 3 1/2yo.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)