Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am shocked to see this in stores......( NEED TO SEE)

ok moms tell me what you think about this.

I was at Baby RUs buying toys for my son 8 months old and also for my niece and a couple was upset and debting about these new dolls for kids.

I didn't know that they are selling dolls with private parts? Would you buy this for your children? 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Replies (31-40):
Des10ed2b
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM

i dont see the issue. i think it would be a good learning object in advance of having a new brother so a daughter isnt totally confused when she witnesses the first diaper change of her brother and is trying to figure out what is going on!

singlemama0905
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
I'd buy it. I think it's a great way to teach a kid.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Angelanscalf89
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM

thats not new.................. my dd had an anatomically correct baby when she was 2.

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Lol. That's hilarious. I don't know if I'd buy it for dd but for a boy to have a doll look like him, maybe, especially if he kept playing with his big sisters dolls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Quoting Amberleigh81:

I always thought it was weird dolls DIDN'T have the correct parts, even as a little kid. I'd buy that!

I do think it's packaged (pardon the pun) a little weirdly... :)

I agree here.

I've always wondered why my dolls didn't look human.

CafeMom Tickers
ambermario4ever
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Yes. So what is has private parts. Kids have to learn that boys and girls are different. You don't have to tell them what the part is called just say that what a boy uses to pee. 

illinoismommy83
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Well, if a little girl has a little brother about to be born, it wouldn't hurt to make her little brother simply "normal" instead of the OMG WTH IS THAT shock factor.

mommy053008
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

i don't see the big deal either.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
lnrmom
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Uhm. No.

AlexandraKJGWZ
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I don't see a big issue with kids knowing that boys and girls have different parts, but something about this just rubs me the wrong way. Like how they're advertising the penis maybe? I'm not sure, but I definitely wouldn't buy it...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)