Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am shocked to see this in stores......( NEED TO SEE)

ok moms tell me what you think about this.

I was at Baby RUs buying toys for my son 8 months old and also for my niece and a couple was upset and debting about these new dolls for kids.

I didn't know that they are selling dolls with private parts? Would you buy this for your children? 

by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Replies (451-460):
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Why you were quoted? Bc you are trying to turn this into a circ vs noncirc debate.

Quoting audreesmama:

Lol I would like to know why I was quoted, then. If this was not meant to be a debate, why did the person even comment on my opinion?

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

No need to turn this in to a debate.

Quoting audreesmama:

No need for the snark. My son is natural, intact and perfect and I wouldn't have a cosmetically altered doll in our home. We teach them that they were born perfect and didn't need cosmetic surgery to be perfect. What kind of message would I be sending if I bought a circumcised doll? 

Quoting CreamCheeze:

Well dear, you're certainly welcome to your penile preferences.

Quoting audreesmama:

I wouldn't be interested in both ways--only natural, which is intact.

Quoting CreamCheeze:

Maybe they have them both ways.

Quoting audreesmama:

If the doll is intact and NOT circumcised, I'd buy it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Um, really?

Quoting audreesmama:

Pretty sure that's just my opinion, and them shit was started. Either way, this is a public forum and if I wanted to turn this into a debate, I could and I would.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Why you were quoted? Bc you are trying to turn this into a circ vs noncirc debate.

Quoting audreesmama:

Lol I would like to know why I was quoted, then. If this was not meant to be a debate, why did the person even comment on my opinion?

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

No need to turn this in to a debate.

Quoting audreesmama:

No need for the snark. My son is natural, intact and perfect and I wouldn't have a cosmetically altered doll in our home. We teach them that they were born perfect and didn't need cosmetic surgery to be perfect. What kind of message would I be sending if I bought a circumcised doll? 

Quoting CreamCheeze:

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting CreamCheeze:

Quoting audreesmama:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bqt
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM

i had an anotomically accurate baby doll back in the 80's so this is not something new. i dont figure its a huge problem i grew up ok

RobinSamRyan
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I would buy it for my daughter or son.  Nothing says boys cannot play with dolls, infact with today's growing stay home Dad population, why not?  Plenty of men take care of children too.  Children should know how their parts are different between boys and girls.  What a nice idea to teach with a baby doll.  An alternative is waiting until sex ed class, way too late, in my opinion.  Some kids do not have little brothers or sisters to learn from and I don't think adults should show their parts so kids know the difference.  A doll is a much easier and better way to teach.

CreamCheeze
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:18 PM

What kind of message? That some men are circumcised? Again, IDK about you, but I never bought my son dolls anyway.

My son is Jewish, circumsized and as perfect as any other human being.

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting CreamCheeze:

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting CreamCheeze:

Quoting audreesmama:

CreamCheeze
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I agree! This is a public forum and we are adults and CAN debate on this and other issues.

Wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed on everything?

Quoting audreesmama:

Um, really?

Quoting audreesmama:

Pretty sure that's just my opinion, and them shit was started. Either way, this is a public forum and if I wanted to turn this into a debate, I could and I would.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I don't want to send the message that cosmetic procedures are necessary to make a doll or a person presentable. 

My sons are most definetly allowed to play with dolls. Why wouldn't they be? 

Quoting CreamCheeze:

What kind of message? That some men are circumcised? Again, IDK about you, but I never bought my son dolls anyway.

My son is Jewish, circumsized and as perfect as any other human being.

audreesmama
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:25 PM

lol Thanks. I don't even understand why people get upset about a difference of opinions. Of course we all won't agree, but I do agree with you...what a boring, grey world if we all did! 

Quoting CreamCheeze:

I agree! This is a public forum and we are adults and CAN debate on this and other issues.

Wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed on everything?

Quoting audreesmama:

Um, really?

Quoting audreesmama:

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Nope and i showed the pic to my husband and he said....No!

lageise
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I would hope they have female dolls too, but I don't think it's a bad idea.

Quoting poohbearkfc:

Wow I don't even know how to respond to that. I prob would actually buy it. I will be teaching my children boy and girl parts and this isn't a bad way to do it. But I had no clue.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN