Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

If So What kind  Do U Recommend For A First Time Drinking Wine?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Replies (11-19):
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM

My preference is for whites over red.  I never met a merlot I liked but that is simply personal preference.  I used to like them as dry as I could get them but now I've turned more to mis range dry or semi-dry or semi-sweet.  Also, try a god ice wine-expensive but really wonderful.  For regular drinking try a Riesling or a Gewurtztraminer (If you're in the Midwest near the Oliver WInery in Indiana they have wonderful selections!  Vignoles are nice also.  Pinot Grigios are usually tasty.  Oliver also makes a very nice Traminette.  Local liquer stores also often have tastings.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I drink plum or asian pear sake
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:19 AM

I would try something fruity and light.

MommyMarcoux
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:00 PM

For a first timer, try something mellow like Duplin's Black River Red or Queen Anne's Revenge.

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I really like White Zinfandel and Moscato.....

MomofHDFandNWF
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I don't -- I tried a sample glass at Olive Garden one time, and didn't care for it at all.  So I am no help to you...  Good luck on your qine quest.

But, with that being said... I also don't drink alcohol in general... the only thing I can taste is the burning/bitter taste of the alcohol in it instead of all the other "flavors" that you are suppose to taste. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Once in a blue moon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pamelakeller
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I love wine, but have not had any for awhile now.  Maybe because my husband is not a drinker.  For someone who has never had any wine, I would suggest a Zinfandel, because they are sweeter.  Although it really depends on your taste.    Other wine(s) to try would be Reislings (white wine).  Red wine, is an aquired taste. 

4kids4tara
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I love any of the Arbor Mists. I guess they are considered wine. I never get a headache from them like I do other wines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)