Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do u Drink Wine?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:55 AM
  • 19 Replies

If So What kind  Do U Recommend For A First Time Drinking Wine?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:39 AM

You should probably start with the foo-foo wines like the white zinfadels.  They have lots of different flavors.  Then just go from there.  Whites are pretty easy to drink.  I like the red wines.  I like a thick, dry wine.  Those are a very aquired taste

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Nope

MJP76
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Moscato.

LAXmom21
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I agree to a point. I'm not a huge fan of sweet like Zinfandels, but it might be a good place to start or a Red Moscato. The red moscato is not too too sweet but good for a first timer.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

You should probably start with the foo-foo wines like the white zinfadels.  They have lots of different flavors.  Then just go from there.  Whites are pretty easy to drink.  I like the red wines.  I like a thick, dry wine.  Those are a very aquired taste

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM
I use to. Not anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Start with lighter wines... Pinot Grigio or Reisling for white, Pinot Noir or Cabernet Saviongon (sp?) for red.

Try and find a restaurant or winery that does tastings! You can do "wine flights" with small glasses of 3-5 different wines grouped by region, taste, depth of flavor... and it's a good way to learn about wine.

Heck, grocery stores on the weekend do free tastings in my town. Go to the grocery store and ask the wine Rep to tell you about the wine before you taste it. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I like red wine. But don't drink much at all.

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I've never tried a Red Moscato...sounds yummy.  Though I don't really like sweet wines. 

Quoting LAXmom21:

I agree to a point. I'm not a huge fan of sweet like Zinfandels, but it might be a good place to start or a Red Moscato. The red moscato is not too too sweet but good for a first timer.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

LAXmom21
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I like it in the summer because you drink it chilled. It's fruity too which I like in the summer but I drink cabs and tempranillo's in the winter or scotch.

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

I've never tried a Red Moscato...sounds yummy.  Though I don't really like sweet wines. 

Quoting LAXmom21:

Quoting zacmacsmomm:

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM

I like Merlot the best.  Once I had a Gammais Beaujolais (my french spelling isn't what it used to be) and that was really good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN