Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

30 Day Squat Challenge!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Thank you to all the ladies who stuck this out! This was a great challenge!!

Make sure you join our fitness group for the next ab challenge.

Starts today, 4-13, Good luck ladies and remember to check in and let us know how you're doing!

This is also a quick video of how to do a proper squat.

A more detailed video can be found on page 4.

Page 12 has an advanced workout video, 9 minutes long.

Page 19 has a video that addresses knee issues and doing a proper squat.

~*~pg 15 has the next challenge we will be doing, more info to come on that later~*~

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Replies (261-270):
MySweetChild
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I guess we aren't that far apart!  My DH is a butt man too, lol!!  I have let myself just go for about 2 years now & I want so badly to lose some weight & inches & just feel better too! 

I just survived Day 2!! :)

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

were not far apart in days.. 100 is on day 9 which  for me is saturday were only a few days apart it moves sorta fast lol i hope i see results too its not BAD its just.. idk a bit saggy & extra  back there lol its not sexy to me as sad as that sounds and my dh is a butt man LOL he loves me now still but  im hard on myself.. TMI im sure but  hey we all want to have nice butts lol

Quoting MySweetChild:

Yes, I am so glad we can all encourage each other!! I just wish I had started this with the others, but that is ok. Good luck on the 100! That is exciting! Tomorrow is just day 2 for me, but I am so ready to tackle them! It is such a fun challenge! Very good idea with the pics, I hope you see results! :)

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

im glad to help, we ALL need the encouragment lol thast why its great we can share this online together. as i siad PAUSE not  stopping is fine in my opinion.. its still all  at once id say just with a pause to either catch your breath ( for me i get winded)  or  let the burn settle it just takes  30 seconds really then you can  go on. i rest tomorrow then  saturday i do 100!! eek lol althogh im excited to do 100!! ill definatly be breaking it up in 20's i assume lol i think after the 100 ill  take a new pic of myself & compare to my before & see if i have ANY difference!! lol 

Quoting MySweetChild:

That is what I hope to do, when I said split them up, like not over the day but take a little breather. That is a very good idea about the pausing & I will definitely need to do that, like towards the end the rep of 200!! But breaking them in 30s or something & taking a moment to pause will work really well for me! Thanks for the help, I'm gonna need it & all the encouragement I can get!! :)

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

sorry to pop in on yoru convo but just if it helps.. i spit it up but NOT over the day. i do it   like reps..  i do 20 at a time or 30 or whatever i can do and stop breath wiggle my legs a second & then   continue i dont stop longer than a minute  if that but its enough to go on..  today was day 7 for me i did 80 but  30, then  PAUSED did 30 then PAUSED then i did 10 bc it was getting more tired lol then i PAUSED and did the last 10 bc i was so tired lol i only pause a bit but it gets done & its still  close enough. some days i can do more at a time other days im pausing every 20 lol its all good

Quoting MySweetChild:

I agree with you & I ultimately want the full effect too! I realize right now that number seems so scary, but with the training & gradual building, who knows, I might be able to do it. It is definitely a goal to work towards!! Thanks for the help! :)

Quoting goddess99:

I do have a couple ladies who want to split them up as the number gets bigger. But I, for 1, am going to do them all at once because I want to get the full effect. kwim? But you just do what's comfortable fo you.

Quoting MySweetChild:

I actually did the 50 already today & felt ok with it. I know as the days go I will really start to feel it. Don't laugh at me...but as the number increases is it ok to split those up throughout the day , or do they need to be done all at once?? Cause that will kill me!! LOL!

Quoting goddess99:

Start at a number you can do and work your way up. =) so glad you're doing it with us.

Quoting MySweetChild:

Ok, ladies, I am about a month late....but I am doing this!!  I have got to shed this weight.  Been putting it on for about 2 years now & I hate my body & how I feel.  I want to look better, & more importantly feel better for DD & DH!!  I know I am late but I still want to do this! :)

chelsone
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Im on day 9. But im on day 5 of crunch challenge and im doing the daily exercise routine by back on pointe. All 3 together is a good workout. When my 30 days are up for squat and crunch challenge, i plan to start them over again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof1_2013
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

We are starting the ab challenge on may 19th. Most of us are on day 8/9 for the squat challenge so it ends may 11/12th. I'm gonna create a post for the ab challenge so everyone can join in much like this one. Good luck, and I would love for you to join us in May!!

Quoting chelsone:

Im on day 9. But im on day 5 of crunch challenge and im doing the daily exercise routine by back on pointe. All 3 together is a good workout. When my 30 days are up for squat and crunch challenge, i plan to start them over again

Mommyof1_2013
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this

80 squats... conquered! Now ready for rest day lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

On my rest day but still did 50.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Day 9-    100 done!!!!!

holy crap why was that so hard? i was sweating!!! i really didnt think id  finish i was already tired & sweaty at 80 which was easy  the other day oddly.. anyway i did it yay!!!!

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:23 PM

good for you!! i REST with squats on my rest days lol but i do  all my other  excerises . do you sweat during squats? i do when i get to like 70 or so.. by 100 day i was  really soaking is that normal? lol

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM

My highest so far has been 80 and I don't sweat, but it's cool in my house. If I were doing these in July I would be dead.

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

good for you!! i REST with squats on my rest days lol but i do  all my other  excerises . do you sweat during squats? i do when i get to like 70 or so.. by 100 day i was  really soaking is that normal? lol

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:38 PM

That is so great!! =D

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

Day 9-    100 done!!!!!

holy crap why was that so hard? i was sweating!!! i really didnt think id  finish i was already tired & sweaty at 80 which was easy  the other day oddly.. anyway i did it yay!!!!

Imjustinsmommy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM

lol, what state  are you in? im in ny.. its getting warmer here but not that hot i guess im just out of shape!!!!!!

Quoting goddess99:

My highest so far has been 80 and I don't sweat, but it's cool in my house. If I were doing these in July I would be dead.

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

Quoting goddess99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)