Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Wedding Ideas?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM
  • 2 Replies

My partner and I are getting married in August, we are doing a traditional handfasting. One thing that I am wanting to do, partially to make guests that are not quite so into our particular beliefs might enjoy it a little better- and because it is something that my partner would get a kick out of....is somehow incorporate a little part of a Star Wars thing into it. My issue comes in where I have never even seen Star Wars...so aside from being able to point our Darth Vador and know that Light Sabors are a item associated with that I've no idea anything about it.

I looked on google to get some ideas, and to clearify not looking to do something that is as drastic as people dressing up- just small details that wont overpower the handfasting. One thing I thought about was getting people to possibly do the thing that is in this picture.

I thought it was appropriate, minus what appears to be the guy handcuffed...(we'll save that for afterhours LoL). But something alongst those lines that I could suprise him with.

Any ideas?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MamaSnaps
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Get on netflix and watch the movies. 

You could always do the princess Leia hair do with chewbaka as the best man/maid of honor, but I don't think that's waht you are looking for. The light sabers are a cute idea, but I am not sure I can think of much else. Google is your friend!

Defiance
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I am trying to avoid that. Haha. I don't sit and watch movies very well. If it wasn't for commertial breaks it would almost be torture to watch Walking Dead. ;p

I have a tab of google dedicated to that. lol

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Get on netflix and watch the movies. 

You could always do the princess Leia hair do with chewbaka as the best man/maid of honor, but I don't think that's waht you are looking for. The light sabers are a cute idea, but I am not sure I can think of much else. Google is your friend!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)