Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

potty training

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

my son is two and has started showng intrest in flushing the toilet all the time. is this showing intrest? should i start trying to potty train? how do i start?

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
salviniata23
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM

YES its a start...well go shopping for a potty with him let him pic one. and get pullups they are wonderous! and just take him every few to the potty and sit him down and explain to him what yall are doing. if he has a man figure tell him to help out more too

lilred13494
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM

the only problem with that is that hes not talking yet so he cant tll me when he has to go and im not sure how to make him understand whats going on

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Buy a potty chair and see if he has interest in it. My dd had a chair for years before she was ready.

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I just have a little potty handy and wait for them to do it themselves. Works seamlessly :).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I would start with a potty chair. My dd will be two in May and since last Fall we have had one in our bathroom and she pees on it a lot actually and is now starting to take her diaper off and tell us! I think these are all signs and after her second birthday I am diving in head first lol!

mommadana
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:27 PM

he's interested so yes it's a good way to introduce the potty.  I would lot overpower him as it can turn them off of the idea.  putting cheerios in the potty is a fun way to teach him to pee with his own little step stool. 

Dana      you rock 

weddingcountdown.com

ACDC_fan
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM

thats how my daughter showed an interest in potty training, she'd insist on flushing for me everytime I went. she very quickly got excited to get her own little potty seat :P

lilred13494
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
My son does get very excited and i have started asking him if he wants to flush for me when i go. im going to buy a potty chair now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
thanush
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Buy a potty training book. ('A potty for me' is the most effective book I've seen, the one finally worked on my DD), take him to the bathroom with you / daddy, then go buy a potty with him. The key is to get him really excited about the potty before you actually get him one... Give him some nakey time during the day every day and wait for him to do it in his own time.

My DD didn't even go once until she was 3! And I bought her potty when she was about 20 months ( too early and she had 0 interest in it).. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)