Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Toy guns?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 59 Replies

Moms are you against toy guns?  Does it bother you to see boys playing with guns?

We are out at the lake this weekend at my in laws place.  My 5 year old was in the yard playing with one of the many toy guns my inlaws have here.  The next door neighbour came ove and gave him crap for playing guns around her girls.....who were in our yard!!  I wish I had been here when it happened I would have said something to her.   My boy is so embarassed to have gotten in trouble from another parent for something he didn't think was wrong.  

Would it bother you to see a 5 year old playing guns in the yard?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM

My dd has never been interested in toy guns, never seen any kids playing with toy guns so Idk, never had to deal with it.

MrsLondon
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM

No it wouldn't bother me but I also grew up playing with them sometimes. I haven't seen kids playing with them in years.

MrsBridges19
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

No guns in my house.  Not even toy guns.

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
We do nerf guns. I started out thinking I'd do no guns but you soon learn with 3 sons, they turn anything into a gun. A stick, Legos, their half eaten waffle...gun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
The only toy gun DS has are nerf ones. DS and I play with them all the time. It's fun. I don't know if I would be okay with other forms of you guns. He knows not to touch the real ones. So I am not sure.
la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

My children have toy guns. They are not allowed to pretend to shoot people. Instead, they hunt for dinosaurs.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I am in between! I have a dd and am expecting a son in May. I do not like kids and the whole gun thing bc the way the wrold is so it is important to teach them right from wrong and do the best you can as a parent! But a home, like a nerf gun, that does not bother me! Water guns, no problem!

undrcvrmom
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Boys will turn anything into a gun/laser.  He turned his sisters barbie into one!  lol

He plays Star Wars mostly with them.  We are Canadian and don't even know anyone who owns a real gun except for our police friends and family.

honeybunz20
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM
My son will turn ANYTHING into a gun. So its a losing battle . We just teach him not to shoot at other people . So he pretends he's shooting at a monster or something lol
wulfeyes05
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

My oldest had one, a water gun and it's bright green. It wouldn't bother me if more were bought for them. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN