Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

ttc after depo

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

So i was one depo for a very long time when i was married. I have a daughter that will be 10 this year and my fiance wants to have one more. but i have been unable to conviece. It has been almost a year. I am menstrating and from that at home tests say I am ovulating. 

What i wanted to know was other peoples personal expierences. how long did it take you? 

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM

I hear it can take awhile for bc to get out of your system but I would talk to your dr if your concerned!

zacmacsmomm
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Generally speaking if you are having menstrual cycles you are ovulating.  I know a few women who have gotten the depo and it took them about a year to concieve.  It could be your fiance, his swimmers might not be swimming properly. It's time to go get the both of you checked.

enlightened_24
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:13 PM

I was told depo took almost as long to get out as you were on it--I was on it for a yr and was off for a yr when I got preggo but IDK if it works like that for everyone. God, I cant hear the word depo without shivering :( That sh*t is evil. Good luck, and keep trying!! Have you talked to your dr?

texasmommy125
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:43 PM

IDK.  Everytime I tried to get pregnant I counted my peak conception dates and 'played' more with my husband.  But I never used Depo, so I don't know if this applies.

nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

I didnt have any problems and neither did my 6 girlfriends we all got preggers  right away good luck doll ;]

Mbpeaceful12
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Well, it was a little over two years for me. I was on Depo for years. I read that the more fat one has, the longer it takes to work out of her system. I have LOTS of fat, so..........I also read that the average time for Depo to work out of an average-sized woman is eighteen months and taking steam baths, eating tons of fruits and vegetables, drinking water (the last two we should be all doing anywhere-I am especially including myself), and the list went on to speed up the process. Like someone mentioned earlier, talk to your doctor about your concerns. I wish you and your family the best of luck. Oh, and by the way, expect wacky periods when you decide to stop Depo.
Meghan6391
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM
Hun take it from me. I lost 2 babies a year after just having one shot. It did so much damage to my insides that i had to have surgery to clean it all up and then was told i couldn't have babies again. Take a good long while before trying again just so you don't lose a baby like i did my 2 angels. My sister was on the shot for 4years and got pregnant right away after quitting it and lost the baby. It has been 4 years and she is just now pregnant with no problems
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I would get your doctors opinion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Finally_Happy
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Thank you all for the input. 

I have talked to my Dr. she told me it only take 4 months to get it all out of your system but i have read from other peoples personal expierences that is can take up to 18 months. 

The Fiance has been checked his swimmers are fine. 

I am getting SUPER heavy periods which is nuts to me. I havent had a heavy period ever really. and now it is heavy with bad cramps. I havent had bad cramps since i first started my preiod when i was 12. 

I am just going with it as far as ttc. if we do then we o if we dont then i guess it wasnt ment to be. I am just going to relax and let what ever happen happen. The fiance wants another one badly. He wants a girl of his own. He has all boys and I have a girl. He loves her like his own but it isnt the same ys know. Lol. 

Again thank you all for the adivce. 

igot2crazyboys
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM
I was on the depo shot for almost 2 years and about 18 months after I stopped getting it I got pregnant with my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)