Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's CHAT: It's Our Tuesday Coffee Break! What's On YOUR Mind?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (411-420):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:14 AM
My other half also works 10 hour shifts overnights. Its super hard, but switching my days and nights around with kids just isn't possible. Do they work 4 day weeks or do they put in more than 40 hours?

Quoting Compactsized:

Hello Cafe MichelleP, tonight I'm cooking dinner for tomorrow because two of my men (husband and Youngest son) works nights. They sleep until 2 or 3pm and leave for work at 4pm. They work 10hr shifts. Now I'm on their days (nights) and nights (days).

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Compactsized
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM

They work 13 and 1. They have a 40 hr week and the next is 50 hrs. As long as no rain outs happened. Tonight they have gotten rained out. They'll get paid for I think 4 or 5 hrs. 

Quoting splatz:

My other half also works 10 hour shifts overnights. Its super hard, but switching my days and nights around with kids just isn't possible. Do they work 4 day weeks or do they put in more than 40 hours?

Quoting Compactsized:

Hello Cafe MichelleP, tonight I'm cooking dinner for tomorrow because two of my men (husband and Youngest son) works nights. They sleep until 2 or 3pm and leave for work at 4pm. They work 10hr shifts. Now I'm on their days (nights) and nights (days).

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

Scissorhappy798
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Feeling nervous and confused to day... I just found out that dr thinks my sons constant ear and sinus infections may be from a milk allergy! Blood work should he' s allergic to milk... Now I have to figure out how to tell my 3 yr old he can no longer have most of his favorite foods!! I feel sick....

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Spring break for my little one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britban
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a 9 year old that has autism.  I have don't even listen to people who say things like that.  I love my son for who he is and he has taught me so much about being a better mom.  Having him for a son has open my eyes to so much.  My son has autism, not a rash, or chicken pox, or some disease that needs a cure. He just needs a little more time understanding things.  I am not ashame to say that I have an autistic child.  Don't listen to anyone who asks you if you wish they could cure your child. 

GleeFan
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Hello. It really depends on the company a mom works for but maternity leave is generally anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks.

In the US children as young as infants can begin daycare (nursery). Again it all depends on the moms situation but daycare, nannies, friends or family will take care of the babies when a mom has to return to work.

Quoting mirrnyong:

Hi

I'm working now and it's 10:00 am in Shanghai.

You know,Chinese moms usually have 3 months for maternity leave,what about American moms?And when they go back to work,who take care their babies before the babies go to nursery? 

GleeFan
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM

An April Fools baby, how fun.

Is this your first nephew?

Quoting Uhura:

I have a new nephew today, well, yesterday. He just barely made the cutoff and was an April Fool's baby!

GleeFan
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:39 AM

How long have you been divorced?

I have been divorced and remarried but at the time, I felt like you do. You have to move on with your life but it is hard to go from being a married family unit to being a single parent. The choices you make as a single parent have to be weighed more heavily. There is nothing wrong with being lonely either, it doesn't make you dependent, it makes you human.

Are you and your kids involved in any type of community activities? Maybe something like that would be good. It will give you a chance to get out and meet people and your kids would enjoy it too.

Quoting LovelyMother961:

Well  I have to much on my mind.  I'm all the emotions,  I'm resently divorsed with two small kids and I'm frustraited that it's hard to get over my x and but i want to start dating but I don't want to end up with a loser again. But its frustraiting that I think I'm ready to date but I'm not.....   My kids are not ready to have a new guy in there life.   I'm thinking of geting a Mastiff puppy but I can't right now because my Aunt is trying to sell the house that we're living in and she doen't want messes of the puppy.....  I'm happy but I'm not....  I'm up and down....  I'm working at a daycare my kids come with me...... I'm crazy busy there....  When ,my kids go to bed and I'm up by myself...   I shouldn't feel like I need someone or something to keep me happy I need to be happy no matter what I do.....  It's just really hard but it's my falt to be feeling miserable... It's the choice's I make that get me through the day..... It's no ones falt if I have a bad day...  It's my choice how I react to what's go on that day.....      Food for thought..... Thanks for leting me spill my thoughts on you today

GleeFan
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:42 AM

I did have leg pain with my youngest while I was pregnant.

How far along are you?

Quoting KimberlyBoykin:

Sorry I was late is leg pain included or normal while your pregnant.

mommyshere
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 AM

He's a handsome young man!!:)

Quoting britban:

I have a 9 year old that has autism.  I have don't even listen to people who say things like that.  I love my son for who he is and he has taught me so much about being a better mom.  Having him for a son has open my eyes to so much.  My son has autism, not a rash, or chicken pox, or some disease that needs a cure. He just needs a little more time understanding things.  I am not ashame to say that I have an autistic child.  Don't listen to anyone who asks you if you wish they could cure your child. 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN