Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's CHAT: It's Our Tuesday Coffee Break! What's On YOUR Mind?

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Replies (441-450):
Stb_MrsW
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Quoting mommyshere:

Quoting Stb_MrsW:

working on Real Estate,  while listening to music, doing laundry, and pondering about this Easter weekend Drama and also hating that my mind keeps straying to it and taking time away from my work, lol.  I also just noticed my comment says its 5:15pm, when it's only 2:15pm...  Boy do I wish it was 5:15 already...

What was the Easter weekend drama?? ;)

Man on man, where to begin... lol.  It was actually a great weekend up until we visited my side of the family.  We have had this ongoing issue about a certain "someone" who was not been welcome into our lives and now happens to now be my little sister's boyfriend (shes 21).  As a family, (my mom, dad, bros and sisters)  we have been working on this and how we can all still get along and see each other but still have regards to everyone's feelings.  We do not all feel the same.  Long story short- I asked my mom if this "someone" would be at her house at 4pm, since that was the time we were planning on stopping by.  She said I do not need to worry.  I said okay great and to please let me know if he was there that way I could just come by at a different time when he was gone.

So, we end up running a little late and don't show up until about 430.  As we pull up, we see everyone outside hanging out, including this "someone"!  I was sad, and then mad! I went to speak to my Mom privately about why she didn't let me know he was still here.  She claims she lost track of time.  I could understand that, but at the same time,  it felt like a slap in the face.  Here I am trying to compromise and still come over, and then I have to be welcomed by this sob because she forgot?  Obviously me and my mom disagree as well about this situation, but boy is it tough to have a relationship with somebody you feel betrayed by.  Especially when that person is your own mother.  Anyway,  it ended up getting out of control between me and my brothers and sisters and I ended getting really upset and leaving.

There's a lot more to this story so it may not completely make sense.  I can elaborate if you're interested, but it is one f*d up situation.

I feel upset also because my soon to be 5 year old stepdaughter was with us and she doesn't know any better.  She was sad she didn't get to say bye to everybody.  With us (my fiance & I) being more distant from my family lately, so has she.  Before this issue occured last year, we would see my family about 5 times a month, and I have about 10 neices and nephews under the age of 12 that all play together. On my own during the week, id meet up with them each for lunch to add up to about 10 times a month. I have always been super close with my family.  Now we only see them at birthdays and holidays,  its quite a change for us all.   :(

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Do you post on facebook or other social media? What about flyers with sales at local community centers?

Quoting AvonwithKristin:

I am thinking that I really need to boost my customer sales, and I do not know how I am going to do it. I need my sales to be at least $900, and I am only to $125. shrugging

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM

It's never to late to join a chat!

Packing and unpacking is never fun! Where are you moving?

Quoting lovingmommywife:

Sorry I'm late. But i am so tired of packing. We are moving end of may/beginning of June and man this packing stuff sucks.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Is he on a routine at all? Does he know the expectation of behavior and clear and consistent consequences when he acts up? A lot of times kids just need routine and consistency.

Quoting jlyn1584:

whats on my mind......well im trying to figure out why no matter what i do my three year old will listen to everyone else but the person he soppose to which is me his mom......i have tried it all......trying to figure it out

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:06 PM

First of all, my condolences on the loss of your mother in law.

Family dynamics when it comes to the estate of a parent can be so tricky to navigate through. At this point, I think the best thing you can do is to seek legal counsel. Can the issues be mediated without having to go to court? Legal battles can cause a major rift in the family relationships.

I live in Texas but I am not familiar with non intervention, so I don't have any advice for you on that point. But I do think it is okay to discuss what is happening with your children. They are concerned for their father. It is obviously a major issue and no matter how hard he thinks he is hiding it, Im sure your children knew something was wrong. I do hope that this whole situation can be settled without a legal battle, but as far as your husband is concerned, just be supportive of him in whatever decision he makes regarding this.

Good luck.

Quoting Wawoo21:

I am between emotions, My mother-in- law passed away in October and there are four children involved in the estate and one of them is my husband. I do not know what to do to help him with this matter. It is so in depth I do not know where to begin. He heard me talking to our daughter tonight and was very angry with what he heard, as I was telling her how I felt about what his sister was doing over the estate. He did not think I should be discusing it at all with her or our other children. He wanted to know why I was saying what I said and I told him it is because I cannot it to him because of the reaction I would get from him.He said I should not be saying anything to the kids, that it was between the two of us, but our children are involved and they want to know what is going on. His family has been so secretive about everything  for years now that we say you know it is the must be secret Sam again. I told my husband I am not keeping secrets from our children, they are concerned about you and the other sibling in the family and the stress it is causing. It has caused arguments between my husband and I as some how I always say the wrong thing, but it is how I feel about it all. I do not care if my husband wants his share of the estate or not, it is how his sister has tried to handle it. She wanted nonintervention powers over the estate and when I found out what this meant I told my husband to recant his signature on the executor paper work he signed. He did not read the whole paper assuming in good faith everything would be executed correctly. We had a court  date for Friday and the sister cancelled as she did not want  to confront the siblings. Oh my god what did she expect, everyone to just give in  to the sell of stock and the farm their mother worked so hard to keep. Am I wrong to talk to our children about this? This is such a mess we have had a hire a lawyer to advise us on what her lawyer is saying. If it would not take a page and then some I would tell you the whole story. does anyone have any good advise. Non intervention is only legal in Washington state and Texas. Any good advise is greatly appreciated.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!! I can feel your excitement through the computer screen...lol Enjoy it!

Quoting Dolphingirl2004:

It's grey, luv it, drove it around this morning doing errands!!!! I will post a pic of it on my page!!! xoxoxo

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Glad you joined. We will be doing this every Tuesday morning, but you can join the conversation anytime you like!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I always bought my maternity clothes at JC Penney or Kohls since they always had really good deals on them. I also was on a clothing swap in my community taht worked well too.

Quoting jennykrampton:

This sounds fun! Well lately I have been trying to find cute maternity clothes. I am about 3 months pregnant and I need new maternity clothes :) any suggestions or helpful tips? 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Did they catch anything??

The best days are the ones when you dont have anything pressing to do!

Quoting backroadsmom:

I'm a few days late...lol, but today I am watching my 8 month old granddaughter while her parents go fishing for a while. The sun is shining and the house is fairly clean, laundry done, and I'm happy to have nothing pressing to do!  

baby girl

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Oh wow. I can understand why you would be upset. Navigating family dynamics are so hard, especially when everyone is on a different page. I'm sorry that things escalated and you had to leave. It must have been especially hard for your little one since she doesn't really understand.

Have you been able to talk to your mom since? Maybe explain to her why you were so upset?

Quoting Stb_MrsW:

Quoting mommyshere:

Quoting Stb_MrsW:

working on Real Estate,  while listening to music, doing laundry, and pondering about this Easter weekend Drama and also hating that my mind keeps straying to it and taking time away from my work, lol.  I also just noticed my comment says its 5:15pm, when it's only 2:15pm...  Boy do I wish it was 5:15 already...

What was the Easter weekend drama?? ;)

Man on man, where to begin... lol.  It was actually a great weekend up until we visited my side of the family.  We have had this ongoing issue about a certain "someone" who was not been welcome into our lives and now happens to now be my little sister's boyfriend (shes 21).  As a family, (my mom, dad, bros and sisters)  we have been working on this and how we can all still get along and see each other but still have regards to everyone's feelings.  We do not all feel the same.  Long story short- I asked my mom if this "someone" would be at her house at 4pm, since that was the time we were planning on stopping by.  She said I do not need to worry.  I said okay great and to please let me know if he was there that way I could just come by at a different time when he was gone.

So, we end up running a little late and don't show up until about 430.  As we pull up, we see everyone outside hanging out, including this "someone"!  I was sad, and then mad! I went to speak to my Mom privately about why she didn't let me know he was still here.  She claims she lost track of time.  I could understand that, but at the same time,  it felt like a slap in the face.  Here I am trying to compromise and still come over, and then I have to be welcomed by this sob because she forgot?  Obviously me and my mom disagree as well about this situation, but boy is it tough to have a relationship with somebody you feel betrayed by.  Especially when that person is your own mother.  Anyway,  it ended up getting out of control between me and my brothers and sisters and I ended getting really upset and leaving.

There's a lot more to this story so it may not completely make sense.  I can elaborate if you're interested, but it is one f*d up situation.

I feel upset also because my soon to be 5 year old stepdaughter was with us and she doesn't know any better.  She was sad she didn't get to say bye to everybody.  With us (my fiance & I) being more distant from my family lately, so has she.  Before this issue occured last year, we would see my family about 5 times a month, and I have about 10 neices and nephews under the age of 12 that all play together. On my own during the week, id meet up with them each for lunch to add up to about 10 times a month. I have always been super close with my family.  Now we only see them at birthdays and holidays,  its quite a change for us all.   :(

AvonwithKristin
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Yes, I have posted everywhere and just can not seem to get any sales. I have even told people to go to my online store and order from there, but nobody has done it. 

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN