Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

we want to adopt but cannot afford it

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 22 Replies
I have had 4 miscarraiges and I want to adopt a baby. But I cannot afford to adopt. I am at a loss..... my heart aches for another baby. My son want to be a big brother and my husband wants a 2nd child as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grneyedormom
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:19 PM
5 moms liked this

Check into adoption through your State's foster system. Adopting through private agencies are expensive, adopting children who need forever homes is not.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM

I'm sorry =(

LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
As a pp mentioned, most foster to adopt programs are FREE! Contact your local health and human services department. They can get you pointed in the right direction.
MJP76
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Have you thought about a female relative being a surrogate for you?

onethentwins
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM
3 moms liked this

Look no further than the foster system. There are lots of kids that ache for a family and siblings as much as you ache for another kid. Not only is it very, very inexpensive, you'll receive an adoption tax credit too.

amber.dean29
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Thanks I am looking into now.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Quoting grneyedormom:

Check into adoption through your State's foster system. Adopting through private agencies are expensive, adopting children who need forever homes is not.

primatemom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Im in the same boat. 5 miscarriages, two failed adoptions, two failed invitro procedures. we want to adopt but are running out of savings trying. Foster adoption process is a night mare. Wish we could find a private adoption

Des10ed2b
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

totally random, but have you tried to take 1 chewable baby asprin every day as soon as you know you are pregnant? i had 4 miscarriages and that is how i finally had my 2 kids. apparently i just have unusually thick blood that was just too thick for a sucessful pregnancy. i have met a few women like that. 

other than that? yes, i agree. foster is the way to go. you have to jump through a lot of hoops, but it is worth it. there is a mom at my daughters school who has 2 bio kids and 3 adoptive kids through the foster system. one of the happiest families i have ever seen!

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN