Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i know ive asked this before, but...

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
To vbac or not to vabc. That is the question. Lol. If you had a vbac, what made you decide, and how did it go? If you opted for the repeat c-section, what was your deciding factors?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:17 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Des10ed2b
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM

fortunately, i have never been in that situation. i was worried i would have to with my daughter because she was breech for so long, but she finally rolled just a couple weeks before delivering. 

if i WOULD have had a c-section with her, then i would have tried for a VBAC with my son. personally, i would have felt like i was cheated out of a full birth experience. i am not saying that other people feel that way or SHOULD feel that way, because i know that medically some people have to have a c-section. i am saying that for me personally, if the only reason i had to have a c-section was because my baby was breech and the second time i had one was just because i had one before? i would feel disappointed that i never got to experience a "normal" birth. 

MsGrayciesMommy
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM
I'm struggling with this too right now. My first was a csection after a failed induction. My biggest reason to try for a VBAC is to experience the vaginal birth.. placing baby on chest and all that stuff. Plus I know I want more kids, and the more csection you have its worse on your body. I will most likely decide on a VBAC.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:04 AM
This is a discussion you and your doctor should have. There are many complications and sometimes it's just not an option, good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM
My daughter in law had it and It went fine for her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:48 AM
My doctor told me I can try for a vbac. My c-section with ds was a failed induction. Im leaning towards vbac, but want to hear others experiences. I know for SURE this time I will refuse induction unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

This is a discussion you and your doctor should have. There are many complications and sometimes it's just not an option, good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Great! Good luck

Quoting cookinmommyof1:

My doctor told me I can try for a vbac. My c-section with ds was a failed induction. Im leaning towards vbac, but want to hear others experiences. I know for SURE this time I will refuse induction unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnightstar21
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I am seven weeks pregnant with my second child.I am having another c section because that is my choice and plus where i live they don't do Vbac's. But i rather be more safe then sorry much more risky to have a vbac then another c section. 

Pregnant with baby number two and mother to a five yr old princess <3 <3<3

LilliesValley
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I'm having another c section. Everything is nice and intact down there and I want to keep it that way. Plus I know what to expect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)