Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Highchair recommendations needed please :)

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 15 Replies
Hi everyone,

My five month old has just started on cereal and I am looking to buy her a highchair. Do you have any recommendations?

What about feeding supplies? Any recommendations ?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I think I just used graco, it's been forever! Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM
They are all pretty nice. Look them over and see if there is a feature you like better than the other. It's personal preference.
k8smimi
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:49 AM

We love the Keekaroo chairs and Target has a similar version for around $149 that has lasted well here.  We have two from Target.  They are wooden, go from infant to toddler and then can be used as a stool later in life. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Bump
My3beautys
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I like graco high chairs there not to expensive
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I just bought a cheap one from Kmart. Also had some small bowls, divided plates - which I loved, and some rubber tipped spoons.

Mils7
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Thanks!!
mommy242012
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:03 AM
I have a four in one type by graco and absolutely love it. It really is a great highchair and have had a few since my first DD was born 7 years ago.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Munchkin brand is great for feeding supplies. I also make my own baby food with my Baby Bullet blender. I use those small Glad containers that come in packs of 6 or 8 for baby food and freezing. As for highchair i like graco seats. But our house is crowded so i needed a space saver so i got rid of my oldest daughters bulky highchair when she out grew it and with my youngest baby my friend gave me her cosco winnie the pooh chair. They have several cute styles available now and its very affordable and it folds in half so that you can store it anywhere. Nice and convienient. We use the bumbo chair and tray right now for feeding until she is tall enough to sit in the highchair

bryncalyn
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:40 AM

We have the Fisher Price space saver - it fits in a regular chair and can be used with or without the tray. It leans back as well. I have a Prince Lionhart chair cover so my chair won't get scuffed. It is great! Has been working for two kiddos! I highly recommend it!

Feeding - I used a magic bullet (you can use a blender if you don't have the magic bullet). I measured old fashioned ice cube trays (mine were one ounce) and pureed steamed veggies and fruits, froze them, labeled individual bags (ie carrots, peas, pears, etc). I would go up and down the baby food aisle looking for age recommendations and combos. 4 oz = 4 cubes, mix and match to my heart's content. I would put down a piece of saran wrap or a cutting board to release the frozen cubes on when I was removing them from the tray.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)