Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun things to do with your toddler!!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm looking for some fun things to do with my toddler. He's 13 months old and we tend to stay home a lot. We play, play hide and seek and chase each other around. I sometimes take him to the park. I know in order for babies and toddlers to learn things it's important to have repetition but I am getting a little stir crazy, and sometimes I can tell he is too. What do you ladies do with your babe?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JennaPBug
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM

i have a puzzle period, usually 30 min to an hr where i'll bring out a big box of different types of puzzles. we also do "school" time where we'll sit at his activity table drawing shapes and letters.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
k8smimi
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Go on walks, visit the nature center and do puzzles, look at the animals, picnics, hand puppets, stacking toys, playdates.

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM

We did puzzles, playdoh, played in the sandbox, rides in her car - it was a lady bug car, she would sit in it and I would walk her around the block, Baby Einstein videos, ...

NNB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Messy play? Flour, oats and the like, rolling balls across the floor. Setting pillows in a pile and getting baby to climb over. If hes walking, line the pillows up and get him to run across, helps with balance. Feed the ducks, home made play dough, dancing
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:46 AM

make edible finger paints. im sure their are lots of recipies if you google. In our garage we have a blank wall. My daughter and i did handprints all over the wall and put the date. Side walk chalk. He is young but you could still teach him how to do it. Water play. I bought one of those Step2 water tables from walmart but you can get a bowl or container of water with toys over a towel and sit him down on a good surface and play with it. Coloring. A big huge sheet of paper to color on. Fix him a fort tent. Again, he is little, but he might like a homemade tent to hide under with toys a pillow and blanket

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:37 AM
We played with blocks, educational toys, etc...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)