Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seen this article on Yahoo Shine this morning:

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/meet-the-new-natural-barbie-173422198.html

I LOVE barbie I think she is a great role model, my kids have her and her houses, cars, job set ups and more. I know this is just someone putting a photo out there, but do you think barbie should release a "all natural" version?

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Replies (21-27):
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:31 AM

I don't really like barbie to begin with because of her measurements if she was a real woman.

However, all natural doesn't mean looking like that. I know a lot of women that go natural (including me) who look fabulous without makeup. 

That's ridiculous. That makes me wanna stop buying barbie stuff. oh wait I don't because I have a boy. LOL

If I had a girl I wouldn't buy barbie anymore.

CafeMom Tickers
KeishaJL
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I think they should but not as fugly as that one.  We've all seen teen girls and they don't look like 40 yr old crack heads.  That one looks like they pulled her from under a trailer park.  I'm all for natural barbie.  Smaller, more ... normal teenager boobs, larger waist, that sort of thing.  Even with less makeup, freckles and beauty mark is fine.  One that looks like a nightmare sure wouldn't help with sales.

Shelly126
by Michele on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:32 PM
Quoting lilbit53009:

i think the idea is a good idea...but they didn't have to make the doll look like a crack head to look natural lol

haha, that's exactly what I was thinking!
WesternNYmom
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM

I saw the doll.  It is ugly.  They should have kept the dolls regular face, and left off the paint that is supposed to represent makeup.   The baggy, sunken in eyes are a bit much.

WesternNYmom
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I love these. I wish I could afford the collectable Barbies.  I took my kids to the Children's Museum in Rochester,NY over the summer. They had an entire room in their toy museum dedicated to Barbie. They had an awesome collection of Barbie and Ken Dolls dressed up in costumes from various classic TV shows, and movies. My favorites were the  cast of the Wizard of Oz,  Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara, and they had the bridge crew from the original Star Trek Series.  There were alot more. It was really cool. I also loved seeing the other dolls that I had growing up. It was like I was reliving my childhood all over again. DD loved the Barbie room too. She didn't want to leave. She was in Barbie heaven.

Quoting wulfeyes05:

These are cool Barbie dolls

newlife2013
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Why change it? Why does it have to be natural Barbie and look so bad
athompson2189
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I think that barbie looks more sick than natural. WOW! I kinda like barbie with make up. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)