Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Hobbies/skills u took up in your 30s

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hello my daughter does a lot of after school  she asked me  mom why don't u do piano or a hobby? I laughed at her and told her I was too old ......but it got me thinking have any of u started piano, chess, learning a language as an adult, is it too late ?..

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

It's never too late.

MJP76
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Traveling, and fine dining are my hobbies..lol

Eventually, I'm going to take up sewing though... I need to get that spare room together first.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

It's never too late to start.

mcginnisc
by Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:55 PM

I took up running when I was 34. I will be 38 in a few weeks and I have run many races ( have 1 this weekend, 1 in 3 weeks and another next month with a possible half marathon in September depending on if I have my PT certfications and working or not). I run 4-5x per week and average 25-35 miles per week depending on the week. I do it while the kids are in school. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
It's never to late to start.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VickyJoJo
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I took up horseback riding at 46.  I'm now 48 and going over low jumps.  Its good exercise.  I also started hip-hop dancing at 42 through a class at my daughter's dance studio.  Just started doing yoga this past year as well.  It is never to late to start and it is a great example for your kids to see you do something new and not let anything hold you back. 

delanna6two
HAPPY FALL!!!
17 minutes ago
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I agree...if it's something you think you will enjoy...go for it!

AlexandAsMom
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I love learning a new skill and I get me-time. I took up ice skating and cake decorating this past winter and love them both. 

Mrsmumofboys
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I don't think so i did photography at college & have started it back up again in the past few mths. I enjoy it the kids get a bit fed up of me practicing on them tho * OOoops* !!

paparazzi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)