Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Sick of!!!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
So I'm sick of being sick.
My 13 month old has been sick for the last 3 days, my hubby has been feeling a cold coming on and a sore throat, now I'm feeling cold/sinus like symptoms.. Last night it really hit me and today I just feel so out of energy! My baby is feeling a little better today, still stuffed up and can't really eat because he can't really breathe then just gets frustrated with the food.
How do you moms cope when you have a baby at home when you feel like a baby yourself!
I never ever ever get sick but when I do I'm out for like a week.
Any advice to entertain little one??
Help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NNB
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Oh no, im so sorry! Have u got any one who can help u?
kss12
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:28 PM
Yes but I feel bad leaving him with anyone because he's very clingy and sick as well and always wanting to nurse

Quoting NNB:

Oh no, im so sorry! Have u got any one who can help u?

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I seriously 100% believe in Airborne. Honset to God, I swear by it. My daughter and foster will NOT take it. They got sick the week before break. SICK AS A DOG SICK... I started feeling it coming on and started with the Airborne-and didn't take it like is recommended on the label... I got a sore throat as the beginning. That was it. Gone. 

Run a vaporizer with some vicks to help with his stuffiness and that might help a LOT! Feed in finger foods that he can grab and run all day long. 

A smaller room where you can keep a baby corralled is always easier than a huge open area. Lots of toys that end up everywhere help. Don't worry about the everywhere now as long as he's happy. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM

When my dd was that young I was a single mom so I would just lay on the couch and put her behind my legs, incase I fell asleep so I knew if she was on the move, and I would put on her favorite movies. Sometimes you just have to do what works so you can rest.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
If you have a room you can lay down. Have some toys in the room. Then you can nurse and nap with the little one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN