Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Lil advice to help talk to the hubby!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so here is my problem... After almost having a misscarrage with my second daughter I became a stay at home mom!! My husband was the stay at home daddy with our first daughter because I had a good job that covered the bills, and we felt it was better than putting her in to day care!! So my time before work was spent being mommy and house wife, my days off where spent doing the same,which I had no problem doing I was missing a lot of time with my daughter working 60/70 hours a week so I wanted too!!!! I also made sure that my days off from work where the doc apts, etc so I could be there!!  During this time, anytime I was not at work my husband got his free time, he got to go out, etc... Now the shoes are on the other feet so to speak. it is tottally not the same I still doing everything that I did before but with 2 girls and 6 months prego! I've been home about a year and a half.   On my husbands days off we might do the shopping together he does do some cleaning and helps make meals, but he wont give me a break, like a hour or so to my self,  No matter what Im doing I have 1 or 2 babies with me!!! I try to tell him I need some space for a lil bit or some time to my self, I cant go out and party being prego and not that thats what I do(ive only been out 3 times since I had my first daughter) But something!! Its like it goes in one ear or out the other! Or he'll tell me he needs a break because of work and things he does at home.  Or his days off are his! UGGG! Id just like the same curtosy I gave him when I was working knowing that being home with a baby let alone 2 can make ya a lil crazy!!! LOL!!! How should I say it to get his attention or get him to understand???

in lovestorkbaby girltoddler girl

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
3girlskdpreno
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:17 PM

P.S. Its not like we are in a messed up marrage I dont want anyone to think that! We are very loving, and normally understanding of eachothers needs just this is a crazy situation! 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Since you have a good marriage, I would just wait until he's home one evening, grab your purse, and as you head out the door tell him you'll be back in a couple hours and leave. It doesn't sound like you have trust issues so he'll get over it. Just because you're a sahm doesn't mean you're a prisoner.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Remind him. "Hey, honey, you remember when I worked how things went like this_________" "I need a little bit of that and from now on I am taking an hour every day to _______ " "either you can take the children or you can pay for a sitter, but I am taking 7 hours a week off either way." 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I agree with the other ladies.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Sit down and talk with him and just tell him what you told us. He should understand.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)