Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

dr visit again!

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
Dr said its still sinus congestion! Really we have a fever of 101+ on average, a really bad cough which once it starts its difficult to stop coughing. Fever reducing meds only drop fever by a degree. 4 of 5 of us have the same symptoms. 2 of which haven ever had allergy issues.

Also when i lay down on my back or side or stomach i cough soo hard i toss. Told the dr all this she still says alergies, been since monday on medt to help it yet the fever is going up, the cough is worse.

Thinking i need a second opinion, would you agree?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2zbg
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM

i would.... i took my son to the dr a few weeks ago and he just told me to treat the symptons... he wouldnt give anything to him... a couple nights later i took him to the er and they gave him medicine...

better to be safe than sorry! hopefully ya'll get to feeling better

cowgirls10181
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:39 PM
She said for everyone to take musinex, according to the packages. So i grabbed 2 bottles, started it monday on the oldest dd. But dr also gave her antibiotics for her ear infection, shes on day 4 and feeling a little better however monday i started musinex, and im not im actually running a fever enough that meds arent reducing it, have shakes and chills. Dd2 has joined me today with her fever and cough. My thought if it was allergies the musinex would fix it, however the fever is what throws me.

Quoting mommy2zbg:

i would.... i took my son to the dr a few weeks ago and he just told me to treat the symptons... he wouldnt give anything to him... a couple nights later i took him to the er and they gave him medicine...

OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I don't know. Hope you feel better sokn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Soon

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Yeah I would probably go to a walk in clinic.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I would go to a different Dr.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I have bronchitus we went to the next town to ensure a different dr. The clinic recp even asked why i just didnt go back to theoffice we normally use. I said i wanted a second opinion because i dont believe she was correct, she said okay, the dr saw me and within 10 minutes said it was bronchitis. Hope to be feeling better tomorrow, thanks

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

Soon

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

cowgirls10181
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I did when hubby got home, after a day of coughing driving was going to be too stressful. He drove. I saw a different dr n a different town he said bronchitis. And gave me meds. My cough is already less than it was.

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I would go to a different Dr.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Hubby drove me when he got home to the neighboring town saw a different dr. He said bronchitis. Sent me on the way with meds. Which are helping the cough.

Quoting goddess99:

Yeah I would probably go to a walk in clinic.

cowgirls10181
by Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Went out for a second opinion, i have bronchitis. No wonder none of the cough meds or musinex was helping. The kids have it too...

Quoting mommy2zbg:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)