Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
So, I recently made a post on Facebook advertising FREE formula. The WIC office insists on giving me formula even though I've tried and tried and tried telling them that my son does not drink formula but the nutritionist tells me "just in case." Well, my son is nine and half months old and has started solids. I don't see him using the formula anytime soon. My question: One lady said it was illegal to sell it. But I'm not selling it...I'm giving it away. Is that still illegal? I don't want to get in trouble or anything.
CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Replies (11-13):
Aamy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Donate to a food bank or a woman's shelter.

Quoting JenniferMiller0:

Quoting preacherskid:

Give away what you have and next visit, be aggressive and tell them that you are not using the formula, and it is going to waste by going to you when they could give it to someone else.  Yes, you can get in trouble by giving away what WIC gives you, one of the odder terms of the program, food given you for yourself or your child must be used by that person (how they check that IDK, but if you had it on Facebook they could pick it up and remove you from the program)

Well, I delete the request from Facebook so I don't get in trouble. If I only had a few cans, I wouldn't worry about it or if I was planning on having another child within the next few months, which I am not. But we have 23 unused,unopened cans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
enlightened_24
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I would give it away. Nobody is really going to be checking on that, and if they are making you take it but you dont need it then I dont see who would have a problem with it...I gave my last two to our neighbors who I know have no money and needed formula.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I would donate them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)