Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

air force reserve

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:43 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello everyone I'm thinking of a career change not trying to wait around on a man to make the money.  If I decided I want to join the air force reserve I have 2 girls age 3 and 5, would I really be able to do a job like this or would I have to have a family member watch kids when I have to leave or do they have sitters that can watch your kids while you are away.  If anyone is in the air force and is doing this please let me know how to. thanks.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM

You will need some reliable people to help you.  Serving our country is important and if you realy want to do it you can find a way. 

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Call a recruiter. I have recently heard that they are not taking single parents into the military. No, they do not provide daycare. You have to provide and pay for your own daycare.   If you have to pay someone for the one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year for daycare? It's not going to be any income IF they will let you enlist. PLUS you have to go through regular basic training and tech school so what are you going to do with the kids for that 6 months or more? 

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:47 AM

bump

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Call a recruiter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tincor2
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Hey thanks for your response one question what do you mean by If the let you enlist it will not be any income?

grneyedormom
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
She means if you can enlist and you have to pay someone to care for your kids (because you don't have family that can care for the kids while you are away) while you are at a drill weekend or AT, essentially what you've earned goes to your care provider not you. You need to contact a recruiter to get most of your answers Momma!

Quoting tincor2:

Hey thanks for your response one question what do you mean by If the let you enlist it will not be any income?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Yep- no single parents.

Quoting MamaSnaps:

Call a recruiter. I have recently heard that they are not taking single parents into the military. No, they do not provide daycare. You have to provide and pay for your own daycare.   If you have to pay someone for the one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year for daycare? It's not going to be any income IF they will let you enlist. PLUS you have to go through regular basic training and tech school so what are you going to do with the kids for that 6 months or more? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:47 AM

Hope things will work out...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)