Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

sex talk

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 20 Replies
My 9 year old was caught googling pics of boobs. I have never had a nine year old or a boy until now. Any advise on how to clearly discuss this topic without causeing trauma or discomfort on either end.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nurse1997
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Have his dad talk to him it will be better than you ;]

JerzyGurl81
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM
He doesnt have a dad who is actively involved
poohbearkfc
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:35 AM
I suppose you could let him know what they are for and that they are not toys. if he has questions he will take it from there.
OliviasMommy611
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Oh my! Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
I would tell him that is inappropriate.That is a private body part. He can get in trouble doing that.
MJP76
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:20 AM

He needs to have his computer rights taken away for inappropriate use.

and then sit him down and start out by asking him why, he wanted to look at boobs. What struck his curiosity? 

Talking about the sexual anatomy should not be an embarrassing subject for parent, and the sex talk should have been give age appropriately from birth. It's part of parenting. You are the parent, suck up your discomfort, and embarrassment, and have a talk with your son. If you are unsure how to do so, then pick up a book. The are a million out there on the subject. Hell, just google it. "How to have  the sex talk with my son?"

JerzyGurl81
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
My issue is that it is normal for the curiosity to be there. But the internet can provide incorrect information. I dont want him to feel like the curiosity is bad. I dont wanna give him too much info, But i want to satisfy the curiosity.
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Quoting MJP76:

He needs to have his computer rights taken away for inappropriate use.

and then sit him down and start out by asking him why, he wanted to look at boobs. What struck his curiosity? 

Talking about the sexual anatomy should not be an embarrassing subject for parent, and the sex talk should have been give age appropriately from birth. It's part of parenting. You are the parent, suck up your discomfort, and embarrassment, and have a talk with your son. If you are unsure how to do so, then pick up a book. The are a million out there on the subject. Hell, just google it. "How to have  the sex talk with my son?"

JerzyGurl81
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I took the computer privileges away. Thats not my primary concern. I was actually looking for someone with experience with this or something similar time offer me some advise.
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Make sure you use parental locks on your computer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN