Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
My 9 year old was caught googling pics of boobs. I have never had a nine year old or a boy until now. Any advise on how to clearly discuss this topic without causeing trauma or discomfort on either end.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Maybe just have the "private parts" talk with him again. Say that he has private parts that no one should see and so do girls so it's not nice to look for or at picture like that. Idk I have a 10 year old girl, her laptop is so locked down that even if you typed something like that in, nothing would happen. You wouldn't see anything.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Oh My. Have the sex talk with him.

emarin77
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Tell him they are breasts and every woman has them.  They are a private part of a woman's body just like like your private parts so there is no need to look at them.  Ask if he has any questions.  After that block his ability on his internet  to see them.

emarin77
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I said the same thing, lol.

Quoting goddess99:

Maybe just have the "private parts" talk with him again. Say that he has private parts that no one should see and so do girls so it's not nice to look for or at picture like that. Idk I have a 10 year old girl, her laptop is so locked down that even if you typed something like that in, nothing would happen. You wouldn't see anything.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Quoting JerzyGurl81:

My issue is that it is normal for the curiosity to be there. But the internet can provide incorrect information. I dont want him to feel like the curiosity is bad. I dont wanna give him too much info, But i want to satisfy the curiosity.

I would ask him why he went to the internet to look them up. What he was wanting to get out of going to the internet to look them up. Then tell him that he can ask you as many questions as he has, but that he shouldn't look up images. Then I would put a parental block on websites that include any images that you don't want him to see.

Answer his questions as well as you can. Tuned to how much you think he can understand. And be honest about everything. Boobs may be for feeding young, but they are used to play with when they aren't feeding offspring. But explain to him that they are only to be played with when he is a lot older. That it is inappropriate right now.  I get that you want him to have a healthy outlook on the human body. 

CafeMom Tickers
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Talk to him calmly. Do not give him unsupervised computer time. Teach him in faith.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM

With mine I try to be as open/honest as possible for their age.

MommyMarcoux
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Explain to him what they are for. Tell him he should come to you if he has questions and that you do not want him to look things up on his own. Adding parental locks to his computer is a given.

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:55 AM
No experience with that here. I know its coming though. My son is 7.

Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daevans
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM
My brother came to me for advise, rather than my parents. He's 18 now. Since I am 4 years older than him, I guess he felt my answers were more accurate than my parents.
When asked about boobs, I told them what their real purpose is for, which was to breast feed babies. I explained to him what the real purpose of sex was and all that. Like I said, he's 18, and he's still a virgin (when it comes to having actual sex, the other stuff I don't want to know about)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN