Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

SAHM what is your daily routine?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM
  • 7 Replies

If you are a sahm with kids in school what is your day like? This is my first year that all my kids are in school. While I stay pretty busy I do find It's easy to be lazy when the kids aren't here to keep you going. I have to stay on a schedule and Keep lists of things that need to get done daily. So what is your daily routine?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momamanda
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Here is mine

6:40: wake up wake the kids and make breakfasts and lunches. Everyone needs to be dressed with teeth brushed by 7am so I can get their hair done and be out the door by 7:25. I drop 2 oldest off at school at 7:35 and other dd at 7:40 Then go back home

8:00- Now that the kids are off to school I have a cup of coffe check my facebook/cafemom etc.. and watch a bit of tv Till 9am

9:00 I unload the dishwasher and clean up morning mess in the kitchen Then make beds and pick up throughout the house. I do 2 loads of laundry a day. I vaccum mop sweep and dust, whatever is needed. Do these things till about 11:00-11:30 Then I will have lunch and If I need to go to the store I will prepare list and go.

1:45pm- I pick youngest dd up at 2:00 and the other 2 at 2:20. When we get home I give them snack and hang out with them till 4-5 when I start dinner. After dinner we do about an hour of homework then baths and bedtime at 8pm. I go to bed at 10 or 11.

I take 1 day off a week to meet up with friends or have a date day with dh. I also do a Bigger job once a week like Cleaning out a closet, organizing cupboards, Cleaning baseboards and tops of doors, etc.....

I am considering homeschooling next year So I know that will defintely change the life I have now. I feel blessed that I am able to be a SAHM. I take my job seriously! :0)

TheLadyAmalthea
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I'm hoping that my daughter will be accepted into preschool this next school year. It will only be 2 days a week for 3 hours each day, but still! My son will be in 1st grade, so I will have a few hours all by myself for two days a week. I won't know what to do with myself! I will probably volunteer at each school and actually join a gym! I can't wait for those few hours to myself!

aakeiser
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I get up around 7:30, get kids off to school. I take time to eat, than about 9 start laundry and house work.or I go do my running around. It depends on if the kids and I have appointments. Friday's I don't do much. I have to take my son to therapy, so normally do a little running around and go pick kids up early about 1 and go to children's hospital for therapy..things are going to change a little. I start online classes tuesday..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I've been a sahm for many years and my dd is in 4th grade, this is the 1st year however that I was not the pto president at her school so I have alot less to do now. I pretty much get my dd off to school and dh to work (we're done to 1 car currently), then I come home and do my CafeMom stuff, I run errands or do housework, spend most of my time online, sometimes I take a nap. I do whatever I want mostly. Then I pick everyone up at the end of the day and make dinner, I meal plan so that's easy. Help dd with homework if there is any. When my dd goes to bed, I hang out with my dh.

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Not all of my kids are in school, only 2 of the 3.
JasonsMom2007
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I homeschool so my kids are in school here :)
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:53 AM

4am - 7am get everyone ready
7am - 4pm I'm either online, eating, watching tv, hobbies, out and about errands, misc. tasks
4pm - 9pm homework, dinner, prep for next day
Laundry - weekends/1st of the week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN