Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over active childre

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM
  • 14 Replies
My name is Joanna I am a mother of two children a daughter who is 9 going on 19 and a son who is 4 and can give the energizer bunny a run for his money.. My children apart are tolerable but together are like a tornado.. The scream and holler and jump and roll around.. It sounds like a stampede has ran through my house and they feed off each other and it intensifies times 10 when we go out which is why we never go anywhere because I'm terrified of the way the will act.. Im just so frustrated and don't know what to do
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KJH78
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Look at Love and Logic for siblings.....what happens when you take one out at a time?

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM

My dd was very hyper when she was 4, I changed her diet, limited tv, and worked with her alot. Those are just things that worked for us.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I am dealing with two active boys myself.
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Give them an appropriate outlet for their energy.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Hope things will work out...here's a help article link:
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-can-i-help-my-hyperactive-child.htm

Frustratedmom69
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:24 AM
I have been trying really hard to find an outlet for them.. Im tried hobbies like painting and making things.. I tried playdates with other children they are just so rowdy and full of energy and its hard to get them calm once they get started. I end up having to separate them which breaks my heart because they both cry and beg to be with each other..

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Give them an appropriate outlet for their energy.

mcginnisc
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:30 AM

Have you tried any sports? Personally, I'm a fan of Karate or really any Martial Art. Both of my girls take Karate. My oldest has been taking classes for 3 years( she is 7) and my youngest, who is just like your son evidently has been taking it for about a month. It has *really* helped to give her direction, discipline, and calm her down. Going to school has helped her with this as well as she has to sit and listen to her teacher as well as walk in a line quietly, etc... 

Getting involved in a sport of some kind, can really give them an outlet to expend some of that energy they have, as well as teach them a lot about teamwork ( if it is team sport), discipline, hard work,etc. It helps a lot in everyday life as well. My oldest is pretty much the "perfect kid", so I don't have to "scold" her very often, but my 4 year old, I can relate things to karate lessons and she shapes up 98% of the time. She still has her moments, but they are getting fewer now since she has been learning about self control in Karate. 

Good luck. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Frustratedmom69
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:11 AM
I might try that. Thanks so much

Quoting mcginnisc:

Have you tried any sports? Personally, I'm a fan of Karate or really any Martial Art. Both of my girls take Karate. My oldest has been taking classes for 3 years( she is 7) and my youngest, who is just like your son evidently has been taking it for about a month. It has *really* helped to give her direction, discipline, and calm her down. Going to school has helped her with this as well as she has to sit and listen to her teacher as well as walk in a line quietly, etc... 

Getting involved in a sport of some kind, can really give them an outlet to expend some of that energy they have, as well as teach them a lot about teamwork ( if it is team sport), discipline, hard work,etc. It helps a lot in everyday life as well. My oldest is pretty much the "perfect kid", so I don't have to "scold" her very often, but my 4 year old, I can relate things to karate lessons and she shapes up 98% of the time. She still has her moments, but they are getting fewer now since she has been learning about self control in Karate. 

Good luck. 

Frustratedmom69
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Great site! Helped a lot! Thanks

Quoting delanna6two:

Hope things will work out...here's a help article link:
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-can-i-help-my-hyperactive-child.htm

splatz
by Sarah on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I was going to suggest a sport, karate, etc. Good luck mama! My 2 year old is my wild child so I'm sure I will be in your shoes soon. I thought my kids being 5 years apart meant less chaos. Boy was I wrong! lol

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good luck. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)