Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

public assistance

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 26 Replies

Hello everyone I'm finding it will be cheaper to not work as a single parent.  Is there any states that offer a sufficient amount of public assistance which will allow you to stay at home maybe take some online courses while you decide a career you like and take care of you kids.  Not having to worry about gas,childcare food and clothes.

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Bump not sure

Janet
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I don't know of any.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I don't know of any either.

MamaSnaps
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
4 moms liked this

Nope. The new welfare to work laws make you go back to work instead of leeching off the system. You will be required to have 60 hours of job searching and/or working for an assigned un-paid program. Your pay is your welfare check. At least a job pays minimum wage!

myownparadise
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM
I have no idea.
butterflymommy2
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:55 PM
A job pays better then welfare
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM
6 moms liked this
No...and to be quite Frank with you, what you are considering is welfare abuse. May even be fraud. Get a job and go to school online at night .in a couple of years you will be much better off than you are now.
MsLogansMommy
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:45 PM

california

MichelleMc
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM
3 moms liked this

You can also work from home. There are tons of work at home companies ( legit ) where you can work from home, where you don't worry about gas, clothes & can work different schedules. I work for newcorp.com and there is teletech.com that I worked for prior, you can go to workplacelikehome.com which is a website where you can find all the legit work at home companies to work for. A lot are hiring right now, including mine. 

Yes, what you are wanting to do is welfare fraud basically as someone else mentioned. There is no reason why you can't work, you are just choosing not to. I wish I didn't have to work either, but going on welfare to not work is not how it is to work, now should it be how anyone thinks it should work. It is a help up when there is something bad that happens ( like loss of job, etc ), not because it would be cheaper or easier. 

kimsamomof3
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM
3 moms liked this
So you would rather be on public assistance then help yourself? Wow!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)