Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mothers Milk Tastes DISGUSTING! !

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
  • 27 Replies
Ok, I'm breastfeeding but I'm underproducing so I'm drinking Mother's Milk Herbal Tea. The problem is, I freaking HATE LICORICE. & that's exactly how it tastes!! Ugh.. is there a vitamin that will help me? Or something I can add to the tea so it DOESN'T taste like nasty licorice? ? Help please? !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Why do you think you are underproducing? Are you nursing from the breast or just pumping?
lovemybaby20
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM
I'm doing both & I only pump one oz from both breast combined! When he eats on my breast it feels like.he's on for about 3 hrs & still crying so idk what else to do but give him formula & he eats like 2-4 oz sometimes. :'(

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Why do you think you are underproducing? Are you nursing from the breast or just pumping?

MamaToCollin
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Pump output is not an indicator of supply. How old is baby? How are diapers?
SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM
None of those things are indicators of underproduction. Check out this link - http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/ .

Quoting lovemybaby20:

I'm doing both & I only pump one oz from both breast combined! When he eats on my breast it feels like.he's on for about 3 hrs & still crying so idk what else to do but give him formula & he eats like 2-4 oz sometimes. :'(

Quoting SlapItHigh:

lovemybaby20
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Oh really? See I didn't know that! & it seems like everytime I want to take a breastfeeding class, something comes up. ,:/
He's 3 weeks, almost a month old. Diapers are normal. Like wet & yellow poo like cottage cheesy ?

Quoting MamaToCollin:

Pump output is not an indicator of supply. How old is baby? How are diapers?

SlapItHigh
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Have you contacted your local la leche league? How about a good IBLC? There's a really great group on Facebook called Breastfeeding Mamas that gives good advice. They have LLL leaders and IBLCs.
lovemybaby20
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Thank you SlapItHigh. :) I will. :)

Quoting SlapItHigh:

None of those things are indicators of underproduction. Check out this link - http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/ .

Quoting lovemybaby20:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

lovemybaby20
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
No, not La Leche League. For sure. I have a FB lol I didn't until about a month ago lol

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Have you contacted your local la leche league? How about a good IBLC? There's a really great group on Facebook called Breastfeeding Mamas that gives good advice. They have LLL leaders and IBLCs.

MamaToCollin
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Welcome to the 3 week growth spurt! His behavior, while exhausting for you, is perfectly normal.

There's no need for the formula. Unless you are working, there's really no need to pump right now.

By how are the diapers, I meant is he making plenty, sorry! As long as he's making at least 6 dirty diapers per 24 hours he's perfect. Poops count as 2 as well as a saturated diaper.
TheMommaJessie
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:24 PM

I have found that when you have tried everything else Domperidone works great. I never produce well so i take it and it works great it keeps me up with dd & did great with my ds when he was a baby. You can buy it online from overseas with out a script for less than it would cost to buy it state side. It is a compounding medication so it would cost you a big chunk of change to buy just one month when you can buy 2000 pills online for the same amount.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN