Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Mothers Milk Tastes DISGUSTING! !

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok, I'm breastfeeding but I'm underproducing so I'm drinking Mother's Milk Herbal Tea. The problem is, I freaking HATE LICORICE. & that's exactly how it tastes!! Ugh.. is there a vitamin that will help me? Or something I can add to the tea so it DOESN'T taste like nasty licorice? ? Help please? !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Replies (21-27):
fairymom82
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:23 PM
If you are concerned take fenugreek. you will smell like maple syrup but it works. before i messed up my leg and nerves i was studying to be a lactation consultant i still give breastfeeding classes at the local pregnancy center and most midwives recommend it too honestly it sounds like a growth spurt and he could nurse 1-2 hours at a time and every 2-3 hours lol as long as he pees a lot and puts on weight he and your supply are fine the amount you pump is no indicator of actual supply he gets at a feeding
D_fluff
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM

You should really discuss with your doctor what supplements, medications, or tea's you can take to stimulate milk production. I didnt have this problem with my daughter, i had the opposite- too mmuch milk. i would get too full and sometimes had to pump before she would eat because they would start to hurt and id still have enough to feed her... it took a long time to dry up...ANYWAYS, lol,  i heard from my mom that drinking warm chocolate milk helps, lots of water, and try eating more leafy greens. Hopes it helps

Vix920
by Vickie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:37 PM

When he's that young, it will feel like he's on the boob forever but like previous posters said, that's normal! One oz per boob is also pretty normal at this stage. I didn't start pumping until DS was about 6 weeks old and my supply was pretty established by then. The best way to increase supply is to keep feeding your baby breastmilk. Don't supplement with formula. Supply is based on demand and if you're filling his tummy with formula, he won't want it from the boob so you'll stop producing as much. I also agree with finding a LLL in your area and/or an IBCLC to ask questions to.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 PM
The leaky boob is a great place for tips. Theres also some ibclc's on there with great advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:20 AM

adding a little milk, but dilute the flavor of the licorice a little.

Good luck

CafeMom Tickers
ncohetero
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM
I love the taste. I still drink even after I stopped breastfeeding.
lovemybaby20
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Ok all this is making me feel so much better. & what do I do to wake him up?? I speak loudly and tickle his feet. Sometimes it's not enough. ://
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)