Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Let's CHAT: It's Our Tuesday Coffee Break! What's On YOUR Mind?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
  • 371 Replies
3 moms liked this

Welcome to Mom to Mom's Tuesday Coffee Break Chat!

What are you doing today?

What's on your mind?

Let's talk!

*To chat with other members, use the Quote button above their reply to quote and respond to them!

butterfly on head 
Have a great day!!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I'm doing some housework and running errands today. Oh and I have to remember to take care of my mom's dog while she's out of town..ugh.

blurp
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:32 AM

There is a bull standing in the way of those which desire and need to accomplish some choices and options of career, in science, health, or education. 

A bull which could be the college itself, the costs to heat, the rental for the property payments-- land ownership and teaching costs per hour,  what is left to do in payment for an educationally focused but poor person who WOULD APPRECIATE ah hand UP, and not a mockerY?  

In getting careers, it's as though you need to live in a ditch next to the college and change your clothes in the bathroom, wash them at the nearest car wash or live with 12-15 other students to get the ----so called HAND UP!   What a mockery of trying to look good in a society which pulls and kicks everyone back down.

IF educating and colleging young minds is such a turmoil, then would we ALL benefit if it was to improve our overall status symbol of ***SUCH PEACE**** and such a great country that we are going lower than low to undermine the best intentions?   For careers, for young innocent challenged hearts and minds, for OUR CHILDREN,  for their benefitting theirselves.  

What is right about tuition being so through the roof???!!!!f

It's understandable that costs are due to the blue listed above, ... but is it not those who pay , obtaining through grants and loans the reasons colleges are there in the first place. ?   Which is why they" need": to be trained in the FIRST *place.

I feel sorry for everyone is what we just taught them in school leaves their core ambitions .

I always felt more pressure from the college itself, the gammut and peers (rank, pressure to look the look, talk the talk, etc. ... rather than just have gotten that well meant ****TrAINING**** 

It's about time it stopped being about who has more money, and more status,  who knew, or knows who, and righteously called education/ school/ college,/  certification, etc,.    FOR THE PURPOSE ITSELF

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I'm just takeing and picking up son from school is about it..
Not much is on my mind beside Son getting his Report card on Friday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Reina13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:43 AM
2 moms liked this

Good morning everyone.

I am so tired this morning. I had the most difficult time falling asleep last night. I am functioning on less than 4 hours of sleep today. I need coffee. 

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I was dog sitting last week. I love puppies but I learned that just like people they have their own personalities, like and dislikes. Needless to say, it was an interesting week..lol

Quoting goddess99:

I'm doing some housework and running errands today. Oh and I have to remember to take care of my mom's dog while she's out of town..ugh.

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:49 AM

I put my son on the bus just a little bit ago. We have report cards coming out soon too. I just don't know exactly when, but I think it is next week.

Are you excited about his report card? 

Quoting auntangelofsix:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Hope it's a good report card =)

Quoting auntangelofsix:

goddess99
by Michelle on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM
2 moms liked this

Good Morning. Here's a cup of coffee for ya

Quoting Reina13:

Good morning everyone.

I am so tired this morning. I had the most difficult time falling asleep last night. I am functioning on less than 4 hours of sleep today. I need coffee. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM

What kind of dog is it? Is your mom out of town on business or for fun?

Quoting goddess99:

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:25 AM
O wow..
Ya I am excited about it.

Quoting Reina13:

I put my son on the bus just a little bit ago. We have report cards coming out soon too. I just don't know exactly when, but I think it is next week.

Are you excited about his report card? 

Quoting auntangelofsix:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN